JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2657)
Job Title: Finance Officer – Budgets, Grants and Contracts Management
Application deadline: 17.02.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or combination of education and work experience.
- Hands-on experience in using financial softwares such as PeopleSoft
- High level of expertise in using Microsoft Word & Excel
- Should be customer focused, communicating with impact and managing performance effectively.
- Proactive in problem solving, initiating actions and making operational decisions.
Partnership technical Support, Maintain records and files of NES grants, contracts and sub awards:
- Develop and implement an efficient sub-recipient process through review of guidelines/procedures/templates/coordination with partners/etc.
- Support the sub-recipients for compliance with donor priorities as outlines in the work plans and ensure quality submissions.
- Co-Chair the sub-recipient sub-committee and provide guidance on the selection of sub-recipients and partners, including developing criteria of selection, capacity assessments, maintaining a database of partners, etc.
- Orient and train staff and partners on Sub-recipient Agreement Policy.
- Monitor sub-recipient compliance with sub-agreements and collect data as per developed tools and guidelines.
- Ensure all grant/contractual information is securely archived yet available as and when required.
- Open individual grants and sub-grant files for each in adherence to sub-agreement management policy. Update regularly as required.
- Review the questioned costs history of different partners and share findings with the Finance Manager.
- Compile the NES donor reporting schedule for all projects through reviewing donor agreements updating the agreement data-base regularly.
- Work with Finance and program teams to ensure quality and timeliness of all donor report submissions.
- Document all donor reports in individual grant files.
- Maintain records of all NES grants and contracts; ensure all grant/contractual information is securely archived—yet readily accessible by authorized parties if required. Ensure grant and contract documentation complies with Org USA’s retention policy and procedures.
Support to proposal development and budgeting:
- Involvement of new cost proposal development processes through developing budgets as per provisions of donor regulations, agreement guidelines, budgeting guidelines and NES Master budget requirements.
- Work closely with program teams during the cost proposal development, making sure their inputs are properly captured in the budget.
- When appropriate support the development of new sub-grant and other agreement budgets with data information backing and coordination with respective staff.
- Ensure proposal budgets/budget amendments are in line with donor regulations.
- Recommend or facilitate opportunities to help build staff and partner capacity in budget formulation/management.
- Effective participation during the NES Master Budget preparation with Finance manager
Grants, Contracts, sub awards Management and Reporting:
- Prepare monthly Budget Vs Actuals (BVAs) reports for each project, share the same with budget holders, conduct BVA meetings and document results on monthly basis.
- Analyze BVA results and recommend budget holders on their spending patterns and recommend budget amendments/revisions as necessary.
- Support partners reporting and recording processes, review and process partners’ reporting and advance requests
- Monitor sub-recipient and project burn-rates and reconcile those against narrative and financial reports.
- Prepare the financial section of sub-grant agreements;
- Assist with the project grants start-up and close-out as necessary.
- Participate in the partners training and orientation on donors’ regulations and reporting requirements;
- Conduct visits to the partners’ offices to observe the policies and procedures applications and report deviations to the partner and management
- Process the funds transfers to the sub recipients according to the sub agreement and record in the system.
- Monitor the timely liquidation of the open prepayments to sub recipients and reconcile off line cash on hand balances with the system data
- Check expense vs budget reports submitted by the sub recipients and make highlights on the problematic areas.
- Ensure that the expenditure reports submitted by the sub recipients are properly supported and substantiated by all required documentation according to Donor rules. Raise the problematic issues if/as needed with the assistance from subgrant assistant.
- Book the sub award expenses in the system and ensure clearances of the receivable/payable balances to sub recipients.
- Support internal and external Audits of org and sub recipients.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.