JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2669)
Job Title: Qualified Trasnlator (Level 5)
Application deadline: 16.02.2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Education • Higher education ( health degree would be an asset)
- Professional training in translating
Experience • Essential at least two years previous working experience. Desirable with NGOs
- Experience in written and oral translations and performing administrative tasks
Languages Mission and local language essential
Knowledge Good computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Express)
Competencies • Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioral Flexibility
- Commitment to organization Principles
- Service Orientation
- Stress Management
- Performing professional written and oral interpretation and translation activities according to supervisor’s specialisation (e.g. MD, RN, IC, Pharmacy, Mental Health, Lab, Logistics, Operations, HR), ensuring medical confidentiality, neutra-litiy and respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and organization staff.
- Performing administrative tasks required by supervisor (arrangement of meetings, minute taking, and follow-up for patient care). Providing necessary feedback to supervisor following discussions and negotiations and. Assisting with report writing (organization and Government required reports), ensuring that all meeting minutes are recorded and that tran-slated documents are properly filed
- Depending on the supervisor’s specialisation and the needs of the respective department, establishing and maintai-ning professional contacts with relevant authorities and communicating organization’s messages to MoH counterparts and authorities (specifically related to patient care);
- Ensuring that supervisor is aware of cultural nuances when dealing with MoH authorities and counterparts to ensure a good working relationship. Educating supervisor on effective methods of culturally sensitive communication and in-forming international staff about local customs, tradition, etc. that will help in better communication and understanding of the context.
- Immediately informing supervisor of any problems that might be linked to individual behaviour (counterproductive and/or culturally insensitivity) and declaring any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement).
- Upholding organization’s core principles, values, quality standards and Code of Conduct. Respecting organization’s identification materials and not abusing their use aside from their intended purposes.
- Observing security rules and regulations, NOT putting self and others in danger. Promoting and maintaining organization quality standards
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah Governorate
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Applicants must submit their CVs and Education Certificates no later than end of day 16 February 2020 by emailing to email@example.com
APPLICATIONS MUST CLEARLY STATE “Qualified Translator”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This NGO d
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.