JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2691)
Job Title: IM Assistant
Application deadline: 02.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University degree in IT, engineering, sociology/psychology, or any relevant department
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in humanitarian aid data collection or project management
- High interpersonal skills, commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive to solve problems with a professional attitude
- Values integrity and honesty and has a willingness to learn and to collaborate with others for the best results for program beneficiaries who live in the camp
- Ability to stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handles tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and has a consistent behavior towards others
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills and ability to present clear and concise information
- Has previous skills in Excel data analysis and at least one kind of mobile data collection software like kobo
- Ability to train others on how to use data collection software, survey questionnaires and how to do survey data collection in accordance with best practices, or strong willingness to learn this
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Excellent language skills in Arabic; Ability to communicate on all main daily tasks in English
- Ability to travel to all the program areas in Ein Issa, Kobani and any other areas in north and north-east of Syria.
- Has clean records through his or her past jobs within INGOs
- Desirable – Advanced skills in Excel, Power BI, data visualization, computer programming and/or data analysis
- Desirable – Previous experience in an IDP camp setting or humanitarian organizations working in camp settings
- Coordinates surveys, rapid needs assessments and program evaluation inputs inside the camp to collect data on key information needs, including communicating with other camp staff about the logistics, approvals and other needs for their success within the deadline required
- Conducts data collection inside the camp both independently and with the support of program staff or daily staff recruited to support surveys and rapid needs assessments
- Supervises daily data collection staff when needed and provides reliable daily feedback on survey progress and any challenges faced
- Can be relied on to learn and do high quality testing of survey and assessment questionnaires on kobo mobile data collection software in order to provide feedback to Senior Information officer for their finalization
- Supports quick onboarding of daily staff and program staff on kobo technology, the survey questionnaire, basic data collection best practices, suggestions for interview techniques
- Supports on translating kobo questionnaires from English into Arabic as needed
- Conducts data entry and can support to produce quick excel analysis in English as needed
- Communicates with other team members to make sure all parts of the objectives use technology in the best ways possible
- Supports at camp level to classify and store data for ease of access and retrieval
- Provides support to develop & manage electronic resources like excel databases or e-filing
- Conducts information audits as requested
- Maintains professionalism at all times when speaking with camp resident beneficiaries, camp staff, and other camp actors; Makes a sincere effort to understand the needs of camp residents and to communicate these so that we can help improve program implementation
- As needed, helps to carry out short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures at the camp level; as needed, helps M&E staff to monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and
effects changes required for improvement.
- Any other duties as per program requirements.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: مخيم تل السمن
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.