JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2731)
Job Title: PSS Officer
Application deadline: 16.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Only CVs and letters in English will be considered;
- Only emails with subject “PSS Officer – Amuda” will be considered;
- Kindly do not send multiple application for other UPP vacancies: UPP HR Officer will be responsible to redirect your CV under the most appropriate position.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Min 2 years’ experience in the fields of MHPSS or PSS, preferably in a nonprofit or voluntary association;
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology or other relevant field;
- Experience working directly with beneficiaries is an asset;
- Good computer skills and knowledge of PC platforms and applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills;
- Effective verbal, listening and written communications skills;
- Fluency in Arabic and English in mandatory; Kurdish is an asset;
- Problems solving abilities;
- Negotiation skills;
- Support the MHPSS Advisor and the Project Manager(PM) in all the PSS related duties;
- Take part in all the PSS activities according to the PSS UPP NES Workplan and guidelines;
- Design, conduct or support with all PSS related assessments, when required;
- Train CHWs, PPOs, PSS workers and PSS counselors (KRC staff) in the supported facilities;
- Draft and implement the capacity building plans according to the identified needs of different staff;
- Supervise and provide technical support to PSS workers and counselors (KRC staff);
- Collect monthly data from the field and provide the MEAL department and the PM with monthly reports;
- Participate in the technical advisors’ and other meetings when needed;
- Support field staff in making interpectoral referrals, where appropriate;
- Help, when requested, the MHPSS Advisor with translations;
1- Preventing and responding timely and effectively to MHPSS conserns identified after appropriate community based assessments;
2- Implementing different MHPSS activities according to the international guidelines, UPP MHPSS action plan, and interagency shared good practices;
3- Training the PPS workers, PSS councellors and the psychologists (if any) on MHPSS related topics and CHWs, PPOs and other medical and protection personnel on how to integrate PFA, communication skills and other key MHPSS issues in their work;
4- Ensuring all capacity building efforts are based on staff capacity assessments and tailored to the diffrent skills and needs of the target audience;
5- Collecting data from all the supported facilities and sharing it with the MEAL manager and the PM, to ensure effective monitoring of all implemented PSS activities;
6- Identifying and supporting local capacities and copying strategies around mental health (MH) and employing community based tools to promote MH awareness.
Duty Station: North East Syria (NES)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.