JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2754)
Job Title: Sanitation officer
Application deadline: 18.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Personal abilities :
o Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
o Languages: English, Arabic, Kurdish (additional languages a plus)
o Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills
(communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of
prioritisation of tasks
- Technical competences :
o Training: Diploma in Water Resources or Civil Engineering or in one of the disciplines of Water Supply /Public Health and/or
o Relevant experience on team management and activities follow up
o Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up and reporting
o IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, design, Autocad, GIS, data collection and analysis software
a plus Management related skills
Implementation and Monitoring
- Ensure that assigned activities are implemented according to program work plan and methodology validated by the construction manager
- Support the line manager in the preparation of weekly team planning and weekly progress report
- Respect and make sure that the team respects Solidarités International (SI) humanitarian principles and working procedures, including administrative and logistics procedures (out of stock done on time, advance requests, daily worker payments sheets, invoices and receipt of payment etc.)
- Supervise day-to-day program activities and report quickly to line manager problems during implementation
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources and technical support
- Ensure that beneficiaries receive adequate technical support during Construction related activities
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Supervise the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department and ensure that the construction materials and tools are stock in appropriate place in the field
- Follow and report on construction related activities including the payment of service provider and other workers
- Monitor work progress, quantity and quality for assigned constructions
- Ensure that security and safety rules for constructions are respected by SI employees, contractors and surrounding population.
- Monitoring of activities:
o Supervise the data collection, can participate in data entry
o Ensure monitoring tools are used, filled and followed.
o Participate to the training of the sanitation team on use of monitoring tools
Reporting / coordination / communication / representation
– Keep files and monitoring archived at the Solidarités offices accessible to the Construction Manager
– Under the supervision of the Construction Manager, redact weekly activity reports
– Take part in workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
– Report to Construction Manager on the evolution of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, quality of relations with beneficiaries and the involvement of communities
– Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
– Remain in touch with the population and local authorities to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International, and in terms of operations perceptions
– Participate Program Meeting and Base Regular Meeting.
– Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration) + all WASH staff involved on the program.
Duty Station: Hassakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.