JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2759)
Job Title: Logistics and Procurement Officer
Application deadline: 14.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Required education – bachelor or institute in education.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience in Logistics & Procurement (obligatory),
- Very good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel).
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic languages and knowledge of Kurdish is preferred.
- Analytical and planning skills.
- Team management and leadership.
- Communication/Cooperation skills
- Problems and tasks solving approach
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The role of the Procurement Officer [PO] is to plan and provide procurement services in support of CvT programme activities of North East Syria Program [NES]. Specifically, the PO is to ensure an effective and efficient flow of logistical support to the CvT mission in NES. The PO is also tasked with ensuring all logistic and procurement procedures adhere with CvT and Donor procedures, guidelines and are audit compliant.
The Procurement Officer is required to have an excellent knowledge of English and Arabic languages and knowledge of Kurdish is preferred.
The position reports to the NES Logistics and Procurement Team Leaders, as required
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES AND KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Perform daily / weekly / monthly logistic and procurement tasks as requested by the team leaders
To ensure attention to detail for all procurement documentation including tender notice and contracts, purchase requests, RFQ’s and all logistic documents.
To facilitate the tender process according to the CvT standards.
To liaise with programme TL’s in advising and ensuring procurement best value for money.
Ensure necessary authorization / approvals are obtained and execute the purchase and delivery of appropriate supplies in a timely and cost effective manner.
Coordinate with suppliers, requester, warehouse staff and logistics colleagues to ensure goods and services are provided as requested and in a timely manner.
Keep track on payment process and communicate as necessary with finance department and suppliers regarding payment progress.
Coordinate with program teams to ensure timely submission and provision of their local procurement requests.
Ensure all Purchase Requests (PRs) are completed correctly and delivery date is in line with logistics and procurement specified lead times.
Provide technical support on procurement management to program team, as required.
Additional tasks as requested by Logistic and Procurement line managers.
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of the department.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by Line Manager.
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, CvT Code of Conduct, CvT Key Policies and relevant guidelines.
Duty Station: Raqqa الرقة
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.