JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2816)
Job Title: Translator & Language Teacher /English/– Incentive
Application deadline: 18.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- College qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication in English, Arabic and Kurdish
- Excellent Computer skills (MS Office programs, including Outlook for emailing)
- 1 year experience in the Translation, Interpretation and Teaching field.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices, hours and locations
- Very good in working in a team
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, representation, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple urgent demands, plan work, and make timely and quality judgments and decisions to produce the highest quality work possible under time and resource constraints.
- Understanding of humanitarian programming, preferably in the field of education, child protection, emergency assistance and food security and livelihoods.
Commitment to and understanding of The orginzation ’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Coordinate with the other Translator & language teacher and HR Officer in order to provide written and verbal translation to other departments.
- Translate documents between English, Arabic and Kurdish as necessary in a timely manner
- Do verbal interpretation whenever required.
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations Assist in the recording of Translation documents
- Provide support to program staff as necessary in direct project implementation; availability beyond regular working hours.
- Provide translation during training sessions, workshops and meetings as required.
- Work with the other Translator & language teacher and HR Officer to put plans and schedules for the Translation team
- Provide 6 classes in a week.
- Provide English learning sessions (basic and intermediate) to the national staff
- Provide Arabic and Kurdish learning sessions to the international staff
- Developing English, Arabic and Kurdish lesson plans
- Work with the HR Officer in order to provide the monthly progress report to HR Officer.
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Recording and maintain accurate student attendance records.
- Evaluating a students’ class work and assignments
- In agreement with the HR Officer/Coordinator, perform other required duties within reason (in line with your skills and experience)
- Assist the HR/Admin team in some of the HR/Admin tasks when required from direct Manager
- The ability and flexibility to travel to other work locations when needed and required from direct Manager
- Comply with The orginzation policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.