JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2823)
Job Title: Food Assistance Program Officer
Application deadline: 25.03.2020
Education / Experience Needed
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management.
3+ years of related work experience.
Including 2+ years working with an international non-governmental organization in a logistics or distri
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter, a leader, and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to coordinate activities with other agencies to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Excellent mathematic skills.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road conditions.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Possesses strong understanding of local area
Under the overall direction of the Food Assistance Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Food Assistance Program Coordinator, the Food Assistance Program Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the Organization’s food assistance in NES, specifically in regard to commodity tracking and distribution reporting. The Program Officer will liaise with the implementing partners and other local stakeholders to maintain proper communication channels, and ensure the organization’s policies for commodity, registration and distribution management are being followed and reported in a timely and orderly fashion
- Manage the oversight of partner’s reporting, which includes leading the review of the distribution, warehouse and registration reports, communicating with the partners to resolve or provide clarity on any issues.
- Update the organization’s commodity tracking reports, including stock report, stock movement report, store requests to Program Manager, waybill tracking/storing.
- Perform monthly distribution report summaries for each partner to ensure proper commodity tracking.
- Support the Program Coordinator in communicating on a regular basis with implementing partners to ensure that the program activities / expectations are being achieved.
- Ensure the partner organizations are following the organization’s specific food assistance policies for warehousing, commodity and distribution management.
- Act as the organization’s representative to stakeholders as requested for matters concerning The organization’s food assistance in Al-Hasakah and Tal Tamer.
- Visit the organization or implementing partners’ warehouses to support proper warehousing practices including commodity stack cards, physical inventories, stock movement and commodity reports are being implemented and/or reported.
- Visit distribution sites to verify that the implementing partner is following distribution best practices.
- Maintain accurate and orderly records of all food assistance documents and reports including commodity, waybill, stock, distribution, and registration reports.
- Coordinate with Program Coordinator to project food needs for the following month and request the required rations from supplier.
- With support of PC/PM, liaise with food vendors regarding procurement packages, requests for quotes (RFQ), performing vetting questionnaires.
- Be available to the program during times of emergency response activation.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.