JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2825)
Job Title: Programme Officer -Child Protection Resilience and Monitoring
Application deadline: 30.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection in emergencies, case management, alternative care, psychosocial support, child and youth development, child and youth resilience and empowerment.
- At least one and a half years’ experience in child protection and/ or working with vulnerable families, caregivers, communities and individuals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and capacity to maintain relations with government officials, community leaders, children and youth.
- At least two years of experience in managing projects, including supervision of staff.
- In-depth experience of training-development and delivery, including Child Protection.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and excel.
- Commitment to and understanding of the organization aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources, and with remote management.
- Good knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and English.
- Support the identification of beneficiaries and suitable sites/location, design and implementation of Child Protection program activities.
- Support the CP M&R Assistants in ensuring that the schedules of activities are comprehensive, and take into account gender and age sensitivities. Ensure that weekly schedules cover a range of activities, and that CFS teams (facilitators and supervisors) are working from 8 to 4 pm.
- Coordination with other SC Departments and other stakeholders to avoid overlapping of activities, and ensure harmonisation of schedules, especially with Education.
- Identify capacity building needs for the team, and monitor their work on the ground.
- Conduct trainings on CFS management, CFS activities, PSS activities, positive discipline, life skills, child and youth resilience, and other topics, to The organization staff and other relevant stakeholders (with the support and guidance of the Senior CP Specialist).
- Regularly support the delivery of the Child and Youth Resilience sessions, and participate in regular monitoring and follow up sessions with the Senior CP Specialist, to ensure that the programme is implemented up to standards.
- Regular support the delivery of life skills sessions.
- Regular monitoring visits to CFSs to ensure that the quality of implementation is up to the organization and international standards, based on quality checklists and quality benchmarks.
- With the support of the Programme team, support integration and mainstreaming efforts.
- Support AC on preparing for kick-off meetings, BvA meetings.
- Daily update the activity tracker, and ensure weekly submission to MEAL team.
- Prepare weekly/monthly activity reports as required.
- Prepare procurement requests for setting up CFSs and supplies.
- Coordinate with support service departments to ensure required support for CFSs are provided.
Duty Station: Derek –Roj Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.