JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2873)
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Application deadline: 15.04.2020
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Po
- University degree in relevant field ( business, Admin or Management);
- At least 3 years work experience in logistics or Admin field.
- Good command of English language oral and written;
- IT knowledge and experience is a plus;
- Computer skills MS Office pack; Word, Excel and power point is essential.
- Experience in working in the humanitarian sector is desirable
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Attention to detail and excellent in numeracy;
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality;
- Ability to work within deadlines, prioritizing competing demands;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on own initiative and proactively provide support;
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
Procurement & Logistics
- Manage and process local procurements in accordance with Concern Procurement policy.
- Advertise and distribute RFQ’s for submission to Dohuk as required.
- Convene and facilitate the Purchase committee meetings as necessary.
- Train and induct Purchase Committee members as needed.
- Conduct local market survey for key programme supplies.
- Create and maintain and fair, transparent and accurate Approved Supplier list for the local market
- Support the Logistics Coordinator with Tender procedures as necessary
- Work with suppliers to understand terms and conditions and the code of conduct
- Update and share the SR tracker
- Maintain a hard copy of all logistic files (service/ drivers Contracts, procurements files, etc…) and make sure all documentations are completed. Ensure soft copies are regularly uploaded on SharePoint and hard copies are securely transferred to Central filing.
- Is responsible to ensure all assets and equipment are tagged and recorded on the Asset Register as soon as they are procured/received and before they are given to staff
- Update High Value Item Issue Sheets as required.
- Complete Asset verification and asset management as per Concern Asset management guidelines.
- Maintain the Concern office and equipment to ensure they are functional and meeting health and safety standards.
- Ensure that the Warehouse facilities are properly managed and stock records accurately and properly maintained.
- Ensure that the Warehouse is kept clean and tidy with correct stock management procedures being followed
- Regularly carry out spot checks on stock.
- Complete/review the weekly / monthly stock reconciliation/movement report.
- Ensure that the contracts for all Hire Vehicles and Drivers are maintained accurately and timely.
- Ensure that the transport responsible staff regularly spot check the vehicles for road wordiness and compliance to CWW policy Log sheets, daily vehicle checks, speed limits, seat belts etc).
- Support the transport responsible staff to efficiently manage the usage and allocation of the fleet.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of the monthly transport analysis report.
- Ensure all Logistics staff and especially drivers and passengers are security aware and adhere to guidelines in practice and reporting.
- Resolve issue through a process of analytical trouble shooting in line with supporting methodology (procedure, checklist) using appropriate systems and tools.
- Provide technical support to user of communication systems, including phones, Internet, printers’ scanners, email etc.
- Line manage and capacity build the Logistics Assistant/Warehouse, Facilities & Transport Assistant, supporting them to achieve their role and tasks when needed.
- Set objectives and conduct an annual Performance Development review with each member of the Logistics team.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- Promote and lead the Logs team to achieve high standards of transparency and accountability in order to reduce potential for abuse or Fraud
- Promote high standards of performance and service delivery by the Logs team to ensure the success of the overall programme in Syria
- Input into the monthly report as requested by the Logistics Manager/Coordinator.
- Review of the warehouse report prior to submission to the Logistics Manager and Office Manager
- Update the asset register when required and ensure all items are tagged
- Manage and update the SR Tracker
- Review the fleet reports and spot check vehicle log sheets
Event management and hospitality
- Arrange meetings and workshops as requested based on meeting organizers’ needs
- Ensure refreshments are available for office visitors and guests
- Ensure meeting/interview rooms have the necessary facilities and equipment installed and readily available for use.
- Support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct and the associated policies among staff and be committed to providing a safe working environment;
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the office.
- Undertake other appropriate tasks that support the work of Concern in Syria as requested
Advertiser :Concern World Wide
Duty Station: Kobane
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.