JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2888)
Job Title: GBV Officer (Abo Qobaih,Raqqa)
Application deadline: 18.04.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Degree or diploma or any other relevant qualification in community development/social sciences
- Candidates with basic counseling skills will have added advantage
- Strong understanding and experience on working on GBV issues and women’s rightsProfessional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Experience working with local organizations in developing contextsExperience training, mentoring and coaching staff on new program approaches and core competencies
- Previous experience of program management required
- Experience with proposal writing, reporting and M&
- Thorough understanding of best practices in GBV response and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against girls.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish(written and spoken)Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the MRFS and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the MRFS principle and policies (integrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work
- Consistently and proactively monitor the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or
- incidents to MRFS management
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop MRFS programs
- To work closely with other supervisors (GBV and program) to ensure both response and prevention activities are well coordinated.
- Supervise in the development of weekly work plans, monitoring of activities and support GBV community workers/GBV psychosocial workers in the completion of planned activities.
- Supervise, monitor and conduct weekly exercises, discussions, coordinate group therapy sessions and role plays with women’s groups, community leaders, students and youth to educate and mobilize communities to appropriately prevent and respond to GBV incidences occurring in the community
- Assist in compiling statistics and weekly activity reports as directed by the GBV Officer- Psychosocial.
- Assist in supervising and provide training, leadership, mentorship, and other technical support to GBV community workers/GBV Psychosocial workers within IRM’s GBV program to ensure all activities meet best practice standards.
- Follow up with the GBV officers on the strengthening and maintain networks with partners on ground community leaders and groups to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and encourage greater communication, and coordination with partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors and relevant Government ministries).
- Participate in awareness-raising and/or sensitization campaigns on MRFS’s programming and other GBV services in collaboration with the GBV Officer-Outreach
- Support GBV Psychosocial workers in case management, referrals and follow ups at the community level and in identifying and referring all individuals who report GBV related incidents to the GBV Officers
- Work constructively within a team
- Any other task designated by the GBV Technical supervisor
Duty Station: Abo Qobaih,Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.