JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2899)
Job Title: Adolescent Girls Assistant – Abo Qobaih, Raqqa
Application deadline: 18.04.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Minimum six months professional experience in Protection or GBV
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against women and girls
- programming, preferably in an emergency context
- Demonstrated experience working with adolescent girls, including facilitating trainings and/or activities targeting adolescent girl
- Professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Experience in working with adolescent girls in empowerment, life-skills or risk mitigation programs
- Experience training, mentoring and coaching staff on new program approaches and core competencies
- Thorough understanding of best practices in GBV response and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against girls.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, prioritize work under pressure
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish(written and spoken)
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the MRFS and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the MRFS principle and policies (integrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work
- Consistently and proactively monitor the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to MRFS management
- Participate in assessment exercises to identify vulnerable communities that the team will target
- Participate in and lead community mapping and safety planning exercises to ensure risks faced by adolescent girls are adequately captured
- Participate in and lead community-wide safety planning exercises to ensure involvement of adolescent girls and their caregivers
- Provide regular updates to GBV Officer, GBV Manager and Adolescent Girls Officer on common threats and needs of adolescent girls to inform program design and advocacy initiatives
- Identify and train adolescent girls focal points in the community to enable them to support other girls in the community assess and respond to common risks and threats
- Use agreed-upon reporting formats to ensure risk mitigation activities.
- Implement the different components of the Adolescent Girls Toolkit
- Outreach and introduce MRFS services to Adolescent girls to participate in life-skills curriculum, non-formal education and recreational activities.
- Facilitate parts of the curriculum with female caregivers
- Engage with the community through the Community Participation process from the toolkit with the support of team leader and male community mobilizer aiming to create girls committees.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure GBV responses are taking into account specific needs and vulnerabilities of adolescent girls and basic facilitation techniques are used
- Support logistic implementation of the activities, including by raising purchase requests and contributing to regular spending plans
- Use agreed-upon monitoring and evaluation tools to track adolescent girls’ participation in activities and collect their feedback
- Support and collaborate with local partner staff, including by providing coaching and training on how to work with adolescent girls
- Be involved in the MRFS GBV reporting modalities
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop MRFS programs
Duty Station: Abo Qobaih,Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.