JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2954)
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Coordinator
Application deadline: 12.05.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Experiences and skills:
- Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or related field
- Previous relevant experience such as data collection and analysis, software engineering, conducting surveys/assessments.
- Demonstrated ability in community mobilisation and community-level dialogue.
- Strong skills in excel and other data management software.
- Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of the organization . In particular, a good understanding of the organization mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Ability and willingness to work inside Syria for occasional visits.
- Previous management experience
- Previous experience working in humanitarian programmes
- Experience with institutional donors (i.e. DFID, OFDA, ECHO)
- Post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, Public Health, Statistics or related field
- Extensive experience in knowledge and database management
- Experience of training and capacity building
- Support the implementation of the organization Syria Response MEAL System in NES.
- Review data submissions from each field office for completeness and accuracy and timeliness of data and feed information back to teams to support project readjustment.
- Responsible for timely collection and analysis of monthly data submissions from each programme team, inclusive of 4Ws, IPTTs, output tracker, and other relevant tools.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of thematic 4Ws, and their dissemination to relevant stakeholders
- Support MEAL officers in preparation and finalisation of monthly IPTTs
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and up to date MEAL plans per sector (inclusive of donor, project & output tracker data), and for leading trainings on MEAL tools and methodology at the inception period of each project.
- Work with field teams to increase data quality through supervision, verification and feedback on bi-monthly submissions providing training, on the job support and mentoring where necessary.
- Support teams to review and use their project data collection and entry tools to maximise quality and effectiveness of data flow.
- Support field teams to increase analysis and use of data by facilitating regular review of project progress using data collected.
- Ensure that data is being managed promptly and effectively and is communicated to the relevant teams.
- Encourage a culture of data use and evidence-based decision making by displaying updated submitted data in the office to demonstrate progress and areas of concern.
- Lead implementation of programme assessment, surveys and evaluations, including facilitating itineraries, training field staff for data collection, facilitate focus groups and other qualitative data collection exercises, and support and/or lead report writing.
- Provide support to partners to strengthen their data collection, entry, review and analysis.
- Support partner and beneficiary accountability in line with the MEAL team’s accountability planning and implementation.
- Support programming and field staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all affected communities (including children) and that information is shared with affected communities.
- Support the development and implementation of child-friendly, inclusive feedback mechanisms and ensure that information is shared with affected communities.
- Conduct training and awareness raising activities for operations and programme technical staff at field and country-office level regarding MEAL priorities and quality standards.
- Plan and lead learning activities. For instance, support planning of After-Action Review workshops, participate in and, when appropriate, lead lessons learnt and develop written reports, and lead accountability mechanism pilots.
- Regularly conduct field monitoring visits and produce field visits reports and action plans.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Comply with the organization policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Comply with NGO policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Help be responsible for the security of all staff. Ensure that the security, health and wellbeing of staff are ensured and staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect the NGO’s principles of equity and fairness.
- To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management.
- Offer sufficient support to the partner organizations as needed in NES.
- Conduct periodic review of annual plans to identify bottlenecks and the ways those bottlenecks could be addressed.
- Adopt a customer service approach towards partner capacity strengthening.
Duty Station: Hassaka with 30% travel to field locations
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.