JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2962)
Job Title: Economic Recovery and Development Coordinator
Application deadline: 09.05.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Economics, International Development, or related field. Master’s degree in relevant areas would be an advantage.
- Minimum five years` experience implementing similar programming in an emergency or complex emergency context;
- Strong technical knowledge in at least one of food security, livelihoods or cash/voucher programming;
- Strong team and people leadership, management, organizational and development skills;
- Strong program and budget management skills including planning and reporting across multiple grants;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties;
- Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure effectively and productively;
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
Program Management, Technical Quality, and Strategy
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical and management support to basic needs and livelihoods programming in northeast Syria, ensuring it is needs-based, context-appropriate, responsive and operationally feasible
- Ensure smooth management, implementation and integration of project work plans and budgets (budget forecasting, development of spending plans and budget follow-up), ensuring best use of resources across activities
- Ensure projects and activities are of high technical quality, meet humanitarian standards, mainstream protection, align with the organization’s Outcomes and Evidence Framework, and respond to community and monitoring feedback
- Plan, organize, recruit, supervise and develop the team and individuals needed to achieve program goals and maximize national ownership and leadership
- Ensure that all internal and external reporting requirements are met, that reports are of a high quality and are submitted on time
- Ensure timely procurement of supplies and materials in compliance with donor and the organization rules and regulations through timely planning, specifications development and collaborative relations with Supply Chain colleagues
- Proactively identify, assess, monitor and implement measures to reduce or control risks that may impact program delivery, quality or compliance
- Engage and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders and coordination structures relevant to northeast Syria, Whole of Syria and locally including NGO, UN, technical and government actors
Ensure alignment and coherence with the organization country and regional strategy, local Health and Protection programs, and cross-border responses from other hubs
- Proactively continue to grow the Northeast Syria ERD portfolio through development of concept notes and proposals to existing and new donors, maintaining a coherent ERD strategy across the organization`s areas of intervention in Syria.
- Support the identification of opportunities for ERD programming initiatives in support of service delivery and/or through leadership in collaboration with country program senior management, business development staff and TU advisors.
- Collaborate with Syrian partners on the identification of business development opportunities, and the design of new interventions.
- Anticipate, plan and manage programmatic and structural transitions.
- In collaboration with the MEAL team, support ERD staff to develop relevant monitoring tools and adapt them to context.
Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development
- Hire, supervise, and build the capacity of ERD team members in relevant technical and management competencies.
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting annual performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
- Approve and manage all time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage; ensure monthly, accurate timesheet submission and carry out probationary reviews.
- Hold high-quality meetings with direct reports on a regular and predictable basis, at least monthly.
- As required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with the National Staff Employment Policies.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being. Model healthy work-life balance practices. Support appropriate interventions for staff care needs for national and international staff.
- Develop and implement remote management capacity building approaches to build the strengths of the team in Syria.
- Look for opportunities to support staff in their career growth, where appropriate. As part of succession plan and nationalization goals, identify, train and develop capability and capacity of national staff to successfully transition role and responsibilities, by the end of assignment.
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the organization Global HR Policies and Procedures, and communicates through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
Research, Learning and Analysis
- Lead ERD assessments and context-appropriate research aimed at generating a strong evidence base for the organization Economic Wellbeing programming, as well as informing the organization advocacy.
- Support the greater sharing and use of research and learning within the organization’s program sectors, including by contributing to program development and design, to ensure interventions are responsive to needs and informed by a sound understanding of the environment(s) in Syria
- Identify, monitor and report unmet needs. Explore the potential of the organization to address those needs within the parameters of the Strategic Action Plan and sector priorities.
Coordination & Representation
- As needed and in coordination with other protection sector leads and country program management, represents the organization in inter-agency forums and discussions.
- Regularly coordinate with internal program and operational stakeholders, the Economic Recovery and Development and other organization`s partners.
- Participate in relevant working groups both within and outside of the UN cluster system, including Food Security and Livelihoods, Shelter and NFIs and Cash Based Response Working group.
- Attend relevant donor meetings and present on ERD activities
- Lead responsibility for the strategic development and maintenance of partner relationships with Syrian organizations.
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Deputy Director for Programs – NESr
Position directly supervises: Senior ERD Manager
Indirect Reporting: ERD TA
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Health Coordinator, Protection Coordinator, Operations Coordinator, regional technical advisors and counterparts
External: Whole of Syria coordination structures, technical working groups, INGOs
Duty Station: Derek, Northeast Syria
How to Apply:
1) Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
2) For quick access to the QR Code:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.