JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3017)
Job Title: Education Officer
Application deadline: 30.05.2020
Only the selected candidates will be confirmed as receiving their applications.
Concern adopts the principle of equal opportunity.
Women are encouraged to submit their applications.
– The successful candidate must adhere to the Program Participants Protec
- University degree in a relevant domain.
- Former NGO work experience is required.
- Knowledge of Education in Emergencies, Child Protection and Prevention of Gender Based Violence minimum standards.
- Knowledge of basic principles of teaching, positive discipline, children’s development and learning.
- Experience in working with children, in social work and outreach activities, including psychosocial support and social emotional learning.
- Excellent interpersonal, nonviolent communication and listening skills.
- Motivation and energy, pro-active and willing to share and discuss ideas.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
Support and Coordination of the NFE Centres
- Supervise and coordinate the NFE Assistant in Tabqa
- Supervise and participate in coaching activities, supporting and guiding assistants and facilitators in their session planning and practice and giving regular feedbacks.
- Organize and facilitate regular lessons learning sessions and discussions with the NFE Centre teams and encourage the Assistants and Facilitators to share ideas and exchange on good practices.
- Coordinate with the Assistants to identify referral pathways and map service providers in the areas of implementation, ensuring that they are functional, and when necessary support the Assistants identifying and referring children and caregivers that could benefit from available specialised services.
- Ensure the allocated budget for the NFE and formal support components in Tabqa is utilized effectively and in line with the approved budget.
Lead and implement the formal schools support activities
- In coordination with the area coordinator and the Engineer officer, support in the selection of 2 formal schools to be rehabilitated
- Coordinate with the engineer officer on the rehabilitation of the formal schools ensuring INEE minimum standards and NES minimum standards are implemented in the rehabilitation works
- Organise and facilitate the training for teachers in crisis contexts in the 2 identified formal schools
- Lead the procurement and distribution of learning , teaching , recreation and hygiene materials for the supported formal schools
- Support in following up and mentoring for the formal school teachers on a monthly basis
Education outreach and advocacy
- Meet with community stakeholders and main education actors to inform them about the project, to involve them with the implementation process and to identify children and schools who would meet the selection criteria
- Work with the Protection team, ensure protection principles are mainstreamed throughout the Education Programme and support the organisation and implementation of common activities and events.
- Participate in the coordination meetings with Education cluster and organise bilateral coordination meetings with other partners in the area of operation.
Reporting, quality control, monitoring and accountability
- Prepare monthly reports on activities undertaken
- Support the Education Programme Manager in the preparation of monthly reports to Education cluster in NES , internal reports and donor reports .
- Support Concern’s MEAL team, in developing and implementing M&E tools and data collection methods, which contribute to continual learning and program quality.
- Support in training enumerators on education tools for data collection such as Early Grade Literacy and Numeracy Assessment.
- Take active measures to address equality issues, particularly relating to gender, in programme as well as operational activities.
- Ensure the highest stands of accountability through ensuring good communication and information sharing within and outside the organisation.
- Be aware of, understand and comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (P4, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
– المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/TBQ/081 بخانة الموضوع
firstname.lastname@example.org على البريد الالكتروني
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.