JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3152)
Job Title: Partnerships Manager, NES
Application deadline: 30.06.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- BA degree or equivalent in International Development or Affairs, Finance, Business or related field; Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ work experience with INGOs or NGOs in the Middle East Region.
- Proven experience in sub-grants management required.
- Direct experience with USAID and/or OFDA funding plus DFID funding, & ECHO experience desired.
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Proven ability to work well in and promote teamwork, thrive in a multi-cultural environment, be flexible and handle pressure with professional grace.
- Experience managing staff and commitment to team building, mentoring and staff development.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
Working Environment: The position is based in NES with standard office work environment.
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
We encourage women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
- Lead the mapping process for selecting partners, work closely with the program units to identify selection criteria and make sure selection is transparent and well documented.
- Verifying the partner/CBO and its management against ATF&AML, US&EU black list (against terrorist financing and money laundering)
- Manage and handle the administration of pre-award due diligence processes with all new sub-awards, including coordinating with other units their participation in the appropriate vetting process for all potential partners. Identify specific risk factors associated with the award, and the identification and implementation of appropriate measures to manage those risks, working with other departments as appropriate.
- Work with the Partnerships Coordinator/Grants and Partnership Coordinators and the Award Management Unit in headquarters to ensure that the appropriate funding mechanism is identified for each sub-award, and that appropriate special conditions are incorporated in each award.
- Liaise with the organization`s units to collect inputs on partners’ project proposals and work collaboratively with partners to finalize project descriptions, budgets, work plans and monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Draft sub-award agreements and follow the organization`s internal review process of all sub-award documentation and coordinate to get all necessary approvals.
- Develop agenda and materials for grant opening meetings, in coordination with support functions and program staff, to ensure projects start with clear expectations of both parties. Brief sub-award partners on agreements, as well as organization`s and prime donors’ rules and regulations, in coordination with the Senior Partnership Finance Manager.
- Ensure that all partners’ program deliverables are received, tracked, filed and in compliance with donor objectives and requirements, coordinating with program teams and other units within the organization. Ensure that partners’ contractual reports are reviewed and internal feedback is compiled and sent to partners in a timely manner. Notify the Partnerships Coordinator/Grants and Partnership Coordinators, compliance and finance staff of any issues, and provide timely feedback to partners.
- Serve as a pivot- and communication-point for coordination of daily inputs of program, operations and finance support to the partners.
- Lead in organizing and conducting review meetings with partners, ensuring inputs from program, finance and compliance staff are received and included, meeting minutes taken, filed, and disseminated to Program Coordinators and partners. Follow up on the implementation of action points agreed upon during these meetings.
- Ensure that projects are monitored robustly, following-up on implementation of partner-specific compliance, programmatic monitoring work plans, procurement plans, budget spending, and more. Notify the Grants and Partnership Coordinators and other relevant staff of any issues, and provide timely feedback to partners.
- Conduct monitoring visits and coordinate support for partners to address any concerns or issues that may arise. Ensure response and support plans are implemented.
- Chair case management meetings for sub-awards, address specific issues as they arise and escalate issues to the Grants and Partnership Coordinators or other relevant forum as required.
- Maintain partner files, including filing all appropriate communication and maintaining the Sub-Award Tracker, capturing all requirements throughout the sub-award life cycle (such as scheduled payments, partner deliverables, and special requirements).
- In collaboration with relevant staff, coordinate inputs and review of sub-award progress for donor reporting and grant review meetings to ensure that donor commitments are met.
- Develop and process sub-award amendments in a timely manner ensuring that the relevant organization`s units (in-country and at the HQ) provide their inputs and approve the modification.
- Organize sub-awards close-out meetings and support the partners in the closing process, ensuring that all requirements are met. Prepare close-out letters and ensure that all requirements of the sub-award agreement have been met and that sub-award funds have been properly settled.
- Assist the Deputy Director of Programs or Grants and Partnership Coordinators on preparing management response and plan of actions of Internal and/or External audit and follow up on all sub-award compliance issues and audits and document resolutions.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance.
- Maintain close communication and positive working relations at all times with partners.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being.
- Be a good team member within the Grants and Partnerships Department and the organization `s country program. Support and help colleagues wherever needed.
- Offer support for successful adherence by staff to organization`s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derik
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.