JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3180)
Job Title: Deputy Health Coordinator
Application deadline: 02.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Public health professional preferably with a clinical background such as doctor, nurse or allied health professional, preferably.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years professional experience in management of health emergencies and program delivery, INGO experience required. Prior experience working in complex emergency settings or insecure environments preferred
- Proven ability to adapt and develop where necessary functional primary healthcare systems and services that can include: reproductive health, child health, communicable diseases, non-communicable diseases, health information, drug management, infection control, referral systems, etc.
- Strong program/technical and budget management skills, planning, reporting, monitoring and evaluation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, effective in representation and liaison with external parties.
- Must be capable of applying their skills and knowledge in a range of capacities, including direct implementation, advisory functions, training and the transfer of technical knowledge and management skills to others
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well
- Fluency in English & Arabic required.
Program Quality & Implementation
- Provide technical and management leadership to all health programs in Northeast Syria in accordance with best practice and organization`s policy
- Support the development and maintenance of a coherent health strategy across all health interventions in Northeast Syria
- Identify unmet needs in the health sector in the selected area and identify potential means for the organization to address those needs. Conduct needs assessments both a facilities and communities’ level, as and when required
- Coordinate and develop plans, proposals, concept notes and budgets for new projects and extensions of projects in conjunction with the Northeast Syria senior management and grants
- Overall responsible for the effective and efficient management of project implementation consistent with the project management cycle, program objectives, activities and indicators
- Adhere to the global organization Outcomes and Evidence Framework (OEF) by training health staff about the OEF and Northeast Syria prioritized health outcomes, incorporating the relevant theory of change (TOCs) in new proposals, and identifying the required new measures, indicators, data collection tools and methods
- Ensure that health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as prescribed by the local Ministry of Health, leading agencies and WHO. Ensure that all health activities are consistent with established best practices
- Ensure that health interventions adhere to donor agreements and organization`s core policy documents and guidelines, including the Program Framework, organization’s Design, Management & Evaluation guide and log-frame, organization’s Health Unit policies and guidelines (Minimum and Core indicators, HIV strategy etc.).
- Ensure robust monitoring systems are in place and that reviews are undertaken periodically in conjunction with the team, project partners and relevant local stakeholders
- Adapt and develop where necessary functional health systems including health information, drug management, and infection control, staffing plans and referral systems
- Maintain regular communication, coordination and collaboration with other organization`s sectors including economic recovery and development (ERD), integrated protection (WPE, protection and rule of law, child protection) and early childhood development (ECD), and explore the opportunities for programs integration and consistency
- Work collaboratively to integrate the community health component with other program sectors where appropriate
- Ensure regular communication with Health Unit technical staff through the country health TA for feedback, technical support, updates and guidance as required
Grants Management and Reporting
- Review progress in achieving program objectives and targets in collaboration with the program managers
- In coordination with the DDP and Grants team, participate in grants opening, review and closing meetings
- Review technical aspects of internal and external reports prepared by the managers within agreed deadlines using organization and donor formats, as required
- Prepare and implement detailed program spending, procurement and work plans for the health projects
- Provide support and oversight to program managers on programmatic spending, tracking Budget vs. Actual reports and ensuring no over or underspending
- Develop and adapt the health quality assurance tools and ensure effective and high quality reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use, capturing best practice to support program decision making
Staff Management & Development
- Deliver and execute a plan to hire, train and build the capacity of staff including developing and overseeing the implementation of health providers capacity building program
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions along with on-job staff mentoring
- Conduct regular communication and program monitoring meetings with program managers
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews
- If/as required identify staff performance issues and work with Human Resources to document and address these in accordance with Staff Employment Policies
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Arrange regular meetings with the health teams and conduct field visits to assess program performance and meet the line providers
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage
- Overall responsibility for the health organizational chart, staff work-plans, work and vacation schedules, and staff training/development activities
- Adhere to and act in accordance with the organization Global HR Policies and Procedures
- Identify implementing partners when necessary and oversee the organization -partner relations
- Ensure regular performance monitoring of partners to achieve the set project’s objectives, and provide technical support and guidance
- Conduct partner assessments to understand and plan for the technical capacity building support
- Ensure regular capacity building activities for partner organizations along with close monitoring of performance improvement and training uptake
- Arrange regular meetings with implementing partners to discuss the program implementation cycle and understand the challenges and barriers that might delay the progress
Coordination & Representation
- Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term relationships with external stakeholders in the health sector, representing organization positions, promoting the program strategy and resolving problems/conflicts
- Coordinate regularly with the DDP and field staff regarding program risk and issue, develop contingency planning, and identify new program opportunities and coordination mechanisms
- Maintain coordination and collaboration with finance, operations to ensure coordination of procurement and supplies and that purchases are made within budget targets
- Contribute to the development of and realization of the Northeast Syria Strategy Action Plan
- Contribute to development of planning response to emergencies related to context and diseases outbreak
- Lead sector specific strategy development and technical proposal design
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of the team; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to organization management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for organization programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop organization programs
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Health Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Senior health manager (expat), pharmaceutical manager (national) and HIS manager (national)
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: close collaboration with the Integrated Protection, Economic Recovery and Development, Early Childhood Development, and MEAL Deputy coordinators and Managers, Grants, Supply Chain, HR and Finance Departments
- External: close collaboration with other humanitarian actors, including the NES Health Working Group, local implementing partners (such as the Kurdish Red Crescent and Local Health Authority), UN agencies, government, and service providers
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.