JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3304)
Job Title: Nutrition Technical Coordinator
Application deadline: 28.07.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- A female with bachelor degree and leadership skills and at least three years of experience in Health and Nutrition
- Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding;
- Experience of designing and implementation programmes (ideally nutrition-related), including monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Proven experience in capacity building, coordinating activities, developing plans and drafting reports.
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Highly motivated, active, self-starter who can take initiative.
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community member members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of local governance structures in NE Syria and other local stakeholders
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), Strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of the org aims, values and principles including rights-based
- Previous experience in health or nutrition program management
- Qualification as a trainer of trainers in breastfeeding counselling;
- Familiarity with the Operational Guidance on IYCF-E and SPHERE standards.
Programme Implementation and reporting
- In collaboration with the Nutrition Technical Advisor, provide technical guidance on IYCF-E to support staff (IYCF-E, CP and others as necessary), local health authorities and other humanitarian actors as necessary to promote consistent good practice;
- Ensure all staff understand and implement program guidelines used for assessing the mother-child pair, advising the best feeding option and following up as appropriate;
- Ensure appropriate1-1 counselling and consistent education messaging to mothers and other care givers at all programming contact points (e.g. child friendly centres, clinics, distributions) and in the community
Note: the key messages should be contextualized for each intervention/response and agreed by all stakeholders in an emergency to ensure consistency;
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to all locations of implementation, complete supervision checklists for each MBA regularly.
- Together with the Nutrition Technical Advisor, conduct regular refresher IYCF-E trainings and address specific barriers to quality service delivery with the IYCF-E counsellors
- Compile monthly activity reports and assist with stock consumption/distribution plans for each of the mother-baby areas as required.
- Conduct orientations for relevant emergency stakeholders (Ministry of Health, camp management, etc.) and the community at large.
- Manage the reporting of breast milk substitute (BMS) violations to appropriate focal points.
- In collaboration with Nutrition Technical Advisor and Head of Programmes; contribute to programme design, proposal development, log frame development, budget development and reporting.
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Working closely with the Nutrition Technical Advisor, area coordinators, MEAL officer, to ensure accurate reporting and MEAL systems are in place.
- Monitor the programme quality against the agreed programme log frames and key performance indicators.
Staff leadership, mentorship, and development
- Working closely with the HR team, ensure rapid recruitment, induction and training of new staff.
- Together with the Nutrition Technical Advisor; provide guidance and oversight for the nutrition team, ensuring that staff achieve the program’s expected results on time and within quality standards.
- Identify learning and training opportunities for the org staff and work as a mentor for less experienced staff.
Representation and coordination
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship and liaise with local stakeholders, including health committees, communities and other nutrition and health actors in camps and participate in relevant meetings when it is authorized and present the org in nutrition working group meetings.
- Facilitate cross-sectoral programming (internal), particularly to promote excellent communication and referral between IYCF-E, education, FSL and CP programming;
- Together with the Nutrition Technical Advisor and NES nutrition working group, undertake local advocacy targeting other humanitarian actors, local authorities, ministries and the military as appropriate, on assessment and following national/international standards on supporting infant and young child feeding in emergencies.
- In agreement with the Head of Programmes, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
- Comply with the org policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Duty Station: NES- AlHassaka 70% – Derek 30%
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.