JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3500)
Job Title: WASH Officer
Application deadline: 27.08.2020
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in WASH projects
- University degree in civil engineering, hydraulics, electricity, mechanics or related field;
- Previous experience in engineering works (construction, water networks, electrical/mechanical works, etc…);
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other engineering programs as AutoCAD or EpaNET;
- Familiarity with Sphere standards, especially the ones related with WaSH;
- Ability to visit (on a daily basis) different project sites, in different districts;
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills;
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values;
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices;
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion;
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Raise the needs assessments and site assessments after discussion with the WASH assistants for final review, like latrines and water distribution points needed in camps, water stations rehabilitation needs, water and sewage networks assessments, camps assessments, etc…
- Under the management of the WASH manager, the WASH officer will manage the contracts of the WASH activities in Raqqa and Dier Ezzor, and report the progress, challenges, and any other issues related.
- Managing the visit communities (formal and informal settlements, neighbourhoods, camps, etc…) in conduct consultations and assessments about their needs.
- Review and raise the detailed and final BOQs for rehabilitations of water stations, water networks, sewage networks, latrines in camps and informal settlements, water distribution points, and any other work related to WASH.
- Review and raise the final advertising documents for procurement, like Scope of Works, AutoCAD designs, etc…. as per Concern templates
- Review and raise all the supporting documentation for payment to contractors.
- Review and raise all other documents related to WASH activities, such as official communication letters to local authorities, MOUs, support the assistant in preparation of contracts, etc…
Advertiser :كونسيرن – Concern WorldWide
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply, please send an email including:
– Curriculum Vitae
– Three professional references with full information (emails – phone numbers – job positions)
– Job title, job location and serial number CWW / SYR / RAQ / 126 in the subject field
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.