JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (3532)
Job Title: PROJECT MANAGER RISK EDUCATION – HASAKEH GOVERNORATE
Application deadline: 12th Sep 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- About you
To be successful in this role you must have:
Education and experience:
– University Degree in relevant field.
Professional Competencies Required:
– At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts or in protracted conflict / chronic crisis contexts
– At least 1 years of experience in management of humanitarian projects as Project Manager;
– Solid work experience in at least one core sector: mine action (risk education and/or NTS/marking)
Personal Competencies Required:
– Strong team management skills
– High level of autonomy and initiative
– Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
– Ability to work under high pressure
– High level of motivation and proactivity
– Strong computer skills (use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and other relevant software).
– Experience with databases is an asset
– Fluency in oral and written in Arabic and English is compulsory
The organization will offer the successful applicant a contract of Six Months, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Desirable starting date is Beginning of Oct 2020.
and be willing and able to work in Amuda. With frequently travel in NES.
Salary and conditions will be according to salary grid. Minimum 1487 USD/month + (allowances).
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourage women and persons with disability to apply.
We are an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
We are a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
About the job
In the context of Hasakeh, and under the responsibility of the Field Coordinator, the Project manager will be in charge of:
- Contribute to the need assessments and the elaboration of the intervention strategy;
- Provide supervision, coaching and on-the-job training to the program teams in the mine action sector and the livelihoods sector;
- Manage the implementation of the programs under your responsibility and ensure the achievement of their targets and results;
- Ensure regular data collection, data analysis and indicator follow-up for the programs under your responsibility;
- Manage the activity budget for the programs under your responsibility;
- Ensure the respect of financial, logistical and HR procedures by the program teams;
- Represent the Organization with local authorities, local partners and other humanitarian actors in the intervention areas, in coordination with the Field Coordinator;
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Line manager+1: Area Coordinator
Subordinates: RE-CIS Technical Advisor (in Coordination – Amman, Jordan), Chief of Ops (Raqqa)
Team Managed: RE Team Leader, RE agents
Duties and Responsibilities
PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING
- Contribution to the definition of the strategy of intervention and the operational modalities the intervention areas, in collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the Project Managers in the North-East.
- Management of the implementation of the risk education program (risk education sessions, training of trainers, urgent marking, non-technical survey)
- Management and supervision of the program teams under your responsibility;
- Responsibility for respect of quality and technical standards by the program teams, in collaboration with the Technical Advisors;
- Preparation and follow-up of partnership agreements with local partners.
- Definition and follow-up, with each staff under your direct line management, of an Individual Action Plan (IAP) and the time frame to achieve the desired objectives;
- Good communication, coordination, and information-sharing with each member of your team through regular coordination meetings and individual meetings;
- Follow up of the personal and professional evolution of each staff under your direct line management. You perform individual interviews and oral and written evaluations;
- Conflict resolution (personal and professional) within your team, informing the Field Coordinator of any major conflict;
- Proposition of relevant adaptations to the organizational chart of your team and contribution to its implementation (job descriptions, recruitment interviews, etc.), in collaboration with the Field Coordinator and the HR department;
- Support and coaching to the staff under your line management in the management of their teams: organization of coordination meetings, individual interviews, etc.
REPRESENTATION (in coordination with the Field Coordinator)
- Representation with line departments and local authorities in the intervention areas;
- Coordination with local implementing partners and with other humanitarian actors;
SUPPORT SERVICES (Logistics, admin, HR)
- Monitoring of the financial and logistics aspects of the activities under your responsibility and the respect of Organization procedures, in close collaboration with the support departments and the Field Coordinator.
- Management of the program budget for the activities under your responsibility.
- Management of the recruitment and selection process for new positions in the teams under your management
- Responsibility for strict application and respect of Organization’s procedures by staff under your management.
- Supervision of the data collection process, in collaboration with the IM & MEAL teams;
- Regular verification and correction of the beneficiary database, in collaboration with the IM and MEAL teams.
- Regular monitoring of the program achievements and logical framework indicators;
- Monthly reporting on project indicators and regular update of activity plans;
- Preparation of internal memos, minutes of meetings and/or reports (directly or delegating to your team members), according to the needs of the base and/or the hub;
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager and the project
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter to the email below with “PROJECT MANAGER RISK EDUCATION” in the subject line.
Only fluent English speakers will be considered.
Please address all applications to: email@example.com
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.