JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3642
Job Title: Community Health Officer
Application deadline: 21.09.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Medical doctor, Pharmacist, nurse or midwife with Master in Public Health will be preferred
- At least 2-3 years` experience in humanitarian or development contexts previous emergency response, conflict/post-conflict experience preferred
- Must be able to analyze and interpret data and to track performance against program indicators
- Be good in written and spoken English along with knowledge of Arabic
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Able and willing to travel to field sites
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Must have the ability to work effectively with various personalities and departments
The organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer which considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
The Community Health Officer is responsible for managing the Community Health section of the organization health program in Ar-Raqqa governorate of Syria. He/she will be for managing day to day activities of CHWs / CHPs along with building their technical capacity. The CH Officer provides oversight to design, implementation, documentation and dissemination of health-related messages by CHWs among the communities and will play a central role in ensuring the provision of timely and quality health related information to the communities. Under the leadership of the Health Coordinator and guidance from Deputy Health Manager, the CH Officer will ensure the quality and efficiency of the organization assistance to the rural communities. This position reports to Health Manager, Ar-Raqqa.
- Under the supervision of Health Coordinator/Community Health Specialist/ Health Manager, technically and administratively managing the CHWs / CHPs teams.
- Responsible for overall planning, implementation of community level activities, coordination within program and with relevant stakeholders at community level and other NGOs working in the area on community mobilization activities with particular focus on health.
- Day to day management, training/capacity building and supervision of CHWs
- On-job mentoring, supportive supervision and regular field visits to monitor CHWs activities at field level
- Lead and support CHWs in their fields and provide regular monitoring visits and on the job technical assistance.
- Collection of reports from CHWs on weekly basis, compilation of reports and submission to the Health Manager and/or health coordinator/ Community Health specialist
- Ensuring referrals made from communities to facilities by CHWs appropriately and ensuring the usage of referral slips
- Post visits random follow-ups to the communities to access the retention of delivered health messages by CHWs to communities
- Guide the Monitoring Officer in design of data collection forms, compilation of CHW data and complete CHW portion of health program report
- Regularly analyze data in conjunction with Health Coordinator/ Community Health Specialist/Manager and Health Manager in order to track community health trends and developing appropriate responses.
- Ensure that all CHWs related activities, indicators and objectives are successfully met within the project timeframe and budget
- Coordinate internally and externally to ensure integrated implementation of services
The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.