JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3665
Job Title: Program Officer-Case Management
Application deadline: 9/27/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, child development/psychology, sociology or other relevant field.
- At least two years’ experience preferably in child protection, child care and/ or working with vulnerable families, caregivers, communities and individuals.
- NGO experience preferable.
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection, case management, psychosocial support and child and youth development.
- Proven experience in psychosocial support to individuals and interaction with families, including counselling.
- Proven experience in capacity building, coordinating activities, developing plans and drafting reports.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, members, children and youth.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources, and with remote technical management.
- Good knowledge of the Al-Hassakeh region and context.
- Good knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish.
- Knowledge of English preferable.
- Support the identification of vulnerable children in need of individual support and counselling.
- In collaboration with the CP program team, establish and maintain relationships with key informants and community-based mechanisms.
- Work closely with key informants, community-based mechanisms and parents and caregivers on developing their parenting skills, understanding and responding to the psychosocial challenges that they and their children may be facing.
- Building and maintaining the database of individual case files, including case planning, case follow up, and documentation of individual cases.
- Support, coach and mentor the organization Staff and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure quality interventions for children in need of individual and/ or group psychosocial support.
- Provide technical input and deliver activities in the area of child and family-focused protection, psychosocial support, youth-adolescents life skills, community child protection mechanisms, and capacity building, including integrated work with other SC sectors, such as education.
- Work in close collaboration with the child protection team to strengthen role of child protection committees in case management, to support early identification of children at-risk, mitigate risks by providing safety messages (including community-based campaigns) and channel referrals of individual children with protection needs to field-based case workers and Case Management Assistants.
- Contribute to trainings in the technical field of child protection case management in emergencies, under the lead of the lead CM program officer and child protection coordinator.
- Share information on field-level successes and challenges with the Child Protection Manager. Ensure that major challenges are flagged early, and addressed in an appropriate way.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks in organization operational areas
- Support lead CM program officer the preparation of all procurement and administrative documents required for case management implementation.
- In agreement with lead CM program officer and case management coordinator, perform other required duties within reason (in line with your skills and experience)
- Draft weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required.
- Prepare financial and administrative documentation related to project activities, such as purchase and procurement requests, etc.
- Inform the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with CP Coordinator and CP Program Manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with your skills and experience).
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
INGO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
NOTE: We will be reviewing CV’s when submitted and may be recruiting the right candidate before closing date
Applicants may submit their CVs with their address; telephone number and contact information to jobs.nesyr.Amuda@gmail.com – Subject of the email must clearly state “Program Officer– Case Management”
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.