JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3851
Job Title: M&E and CFRM Assistant
Application deadline: 17-10-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Good Knowledge and understanding of humanitarian programming, including understanding of project cycle management (PCM)
Fair skills in M&E/CRM methodologies, including:
– Receiving calls and communicating with beneficiaries.
– Good knowledge with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook) and digital data collection software Kobo Collect
– Good knowledge in analysing data
– Work as part of the team to meet objectives and targets of the projects, using established internal processes
– Ability to work with teams in tense and high volatile contexts
– Communication abilities
– Problem solving abilities, including: attention to detail, autonomy, organisation and flexibility
– English: Written and spoken fluency
– Arabic: Written and spoken fluency mandatory
– Kurdish: Written and spoken fluency mandatory
Under the direct supervision of the M&E Officer (Raqqa) and CFRM Officer (Manbij), and in collaboration with the field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the base, he/she will:
- Monitor activities carried out by CvT or its partners in Syria, including (but not limited to) the following methodologies:
o Interviews with beneficiaries at distributions points
o Household visits for post-distribution monitoring
o Conducting Focus Group Discussions with local community members, beneficiaries and other intervention stakeholders
o Key Informant Interviews with project stakeholders (including members of local councils and community organizations)
- Collect data for tasks including (but not limited to):
o General assessments (e.g. neighborhood profile, market assessment, needs assessment)
o Verification of beneficiaries
o Post-distribution monitoring
o Distribution monitoring
o Evaluations/project reviews
- Send reports regarding distributions to CVT’s M&E Officer and Team Leader.
- Carry out data collection using digital software (Kobo collection) and on paper
- Take photographs as instructed by CVT’s MEAL Manager, reflecting conditions as accurately as possible
- Ad-hoc activities as scheduled by the CVT Project Manager or MEAL department related to Monitoring and Evaluation in Syria.
- Understand and follow the security protocols and advice on CVT’s Security staff, and CVT’s Field Coordinators.
- Follow CVT’s Code of Conduct at all times during data collection.
- Follow CVT’s Data Collection Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate, assist and follow up on the work of M&E daily workers.
- Ensure the operationalization of an established feedback/accountability mechanism.
- Prepare reports on the cases registered through the CRM system.
- Timely feedback to PMs on complaints and concerns raised by communities on project activities.
- Analyze data and submit internal and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects on a monthly basis.
- Follow-up on status progress of referred cases.
- Regularly communicate with beneficiaries to provide feedback to their complaints.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity, including sensitizing field monitors, vendors, and agents on such principles.
- Send red cases to Accountability Manager ASAP.
- Supervise Complaints & Response Mechanism (CRM) implementation, ensuring complaints and feedback are dealt with in accordance to the CVT CRM Policy, including complaints boxes existence in distribution points and archiving and sharing the received complaints.
- Assess field assistants’ data collection and interview technique and provide information as necessary.
Position: M&E and CFRM Assistant
Duty station: Derik
Line Manager: M&E Officer (Raqqa)
GENERAL POST DESCRIPTION
The M&E and CFRM Assistant will provide support to all projects’ interventions assisting IDPs. He/she will work on and ensure that M&E data collection and reporting tasks are carried out according to CVT standards and project/programme requirements. He/ she will work on the management of the beneficiary and stakeholders’ complaints and feedback mechanisms. He/she will ensure that mechanisms are in place to strengthen the quality and accountability of emergency response in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Possibility to gain working experience within in internationally recognized NGO;
- 24 days of paid leave per year.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Interested candidates shall submit their CV to Derik Social Affairs and Labour Office or using this link https://airtable.com/shrsYFxT2eiB7En4j , no later than midnight Saturday 17th October 2020. Please mention the position title for which you are applyi
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.