JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3877
Job Title: Pharmacist Officer
Application deadline: 19.10.20
Minimum a recognized Pharmacy diploma/degree from an accredited Pharmacy Faculty.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience required.
- Previous INGO experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic are essential.
- Good English language skills preferred.
- Will have excellent self-motivation skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
Comfortable working in resource-deprived environment.
- Good stamina to stand and work for long hours.
- Adaptable and capable of working well under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team setting, as well as independently without supervision.
- A strong propensity for flexibility, teamwork, and creative thinking will be essential to this job
- Ensure pharmaceutical services are implemented according to the internationally accepted standards and/or relevant Ministry of Health.
- Review prescriptions to assure accuracy, to ascertain the needed ingredients, and to evaluate their suitability.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug interactions, side effects, dosage and proper medication storage.
- Assess the identity, strength, or purity of medications
Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files inventories, or registries of poisons, narcotics, or controlled drugs.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by doctors and dentists, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients, or oversee these activities.
- Plan, implement, or maintain procedures for mixing, packaging, or labeling pharmaceuticals, according to policy and legal requirements, to ensure quality security, and proper disposal.
- Advise customers on the selection of medication brands, medical equipment, or healthcare supplies.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals to plan, monitor, review, or evaluate the quality or effectiveness of drugs or drug regimens, providing advice on drug applications or characteristics.
- Provide oversight for the initial orders of drugs and medical/surgical supplies and any gift-in-kind orders.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
- Analyse prescribing trends to monitor patient compliance and to prevent excessive usage or harmful interactions.
- Offer health promotion and prevention activities, for example, training people to use devices such as blood pressure or diabetes monitors.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
Advertiser : Confidntial
Duty Station: Busaira
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.