JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 3964
Job Title: MEDICAL COORDINATOR SUPPORT
Application deadline: 03rd Nov 2020, 17:00 hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Education Medical Doctor diploma or equivalent in a related allied health
Experience • – Training or experience in tropical medicine and/or public health
- Emergency experience
Minimum 2 years experience as a medical doctor
Languages Excellent command of Arabic and English. Control of local languages
- Monitoring, supervising and evaluating the implementation of medical activities in the project, visiting projects according to preset schedule and participating in defining the human resources needs, materials and techniques. Assisting in the implementation of our protocols, (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in service.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Applying the employee health policy and participating in the evaluation of hospital structures that can serve as reference structures for national and international staff. Participating in the medical monitoring of our personnel and overseeing all medical expenses associated with various consultations and hospitalizations in collaboration with the line manager
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
The North Syria mission currently has four projects: Al Hol, Hassakah, Kobane and Raqqa. There is a wide variation of medical activities in the mission, including primary health care, TFP, EPI activities, NCD programs, and more recently Covid-19 response.
In addition to the above, key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Medical Coordinator in following the medical context across NES, mapping of actors working in different locations and monitoring any changes in medical needs
- Support in the follow-up on quality monitoring tools and ensuring regular follow-up on status of improvement plans within project locations. Support where required.
- Support in the monthly reporting, ensuring review of monthly data and feedback provided to projects
- Support the Medical Coordinator in the preparation of project proposals and project reports for project planning cycles.
- Ensure the Syria mission SharePoint is up to date and filled with the latest updated mission Medical related documents.
- Regularly update medical teams on new and/or relevant material, including medical protocols or SoPs and support in implementation when required
- Travel to project locations for follow-up of medical activities and new locations when necessary to participate in explos/assessments
- Supporting the projects by gap filling certain positions when needed for example in case management for C-19 with hands on care, covering Medical Doctor positions or Medical team leader role
- Participate actively in the induction course for all the new staff, by preparing and keeping the General Medical briefing package updated and coordinate with the mission HR department, that all incoming international staff receive a General Medical briefing.
- Assist Medical Coordinator when attending external meetings and regular contact with local medical authorities and other organisations
- Translate medical documents (e.g. protocols, training materials) from English to Arabic (or vice
- Primary focal point to support in staff health issues in coordination and potentially Erbil, and ensure correct implementation of policy in project locations.
- Together with the Medical Coordinator, review the costs and quality of health care providers in Derik and provide a list of recommended service providers for our National staff health policy.
- Review and report on the monthly reimbursement medical costs of staff health from the projects.
- Together with the Medical team leader’s and/or the National Staff Health Responsible of the different projects, review the medical side of the administration of the National staff health policy (regular updating of the spreadsheets, tracking of staff/family members we have with chronic diseases (Inc. NCDs), or are pregnant. Ensure all (staff and family) is vaccinated following standard National EPI schedule.
- Support mission Pharmacist in ensuring all first aid kits for the cars and house are complete at the coordination level and ensure follow-up in project locations.
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to our protocols, (para)medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Derek, (with visits to our projects inside North Syria).
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please send your application and updated CV in English and any relevant certificates) to:
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org please indicate in the subject of email “MEDICAL COORDINATOR SUPPORT”
or drop your application and CV in a sealed envelope
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.