JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4004
Job Title: Research and Monitoring Assistant
Application deadline: 14-11-2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Education: University degree in social sciences or other related studies, or;
- An undergraduate of social sciences / relevant fields alongside 2-3 years in similar role or field
- At least 2 years experiences in MEAL or relevant fields is required
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in data collection is an asset
- Ability to work with multi-culture communities.
- Fluency in Arabic. Basic skills of speaking and writing in English is required.
- Experience in using: ODK and/or ONA software is preferred.
- Positive and professional attitude, flexible, and able to work under pressure
- Willingness to work as part of a diverse team
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues and maintain strict confidentiality
- The organization and its workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the organization Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the organization operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- The organization encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.
Monitoring & Assessment
- Be present at and monitor assigned organization-supported distributions and facilities inside Syria by completing the provided smart phone forms and documents. This may be at warehouse locations, distribution sites or partner facilities like hospitals
- Conduct surveys and other information-gathering activities as assigned by the organization, such as medical supply surveys, market surveys, and health facilities spotchecks.
- Conduct post distribution/assistance monitoring by consulting beneficiaries, which may include home visits
- Assess the needs and challenges of Syrian communities and households in assigned locations using provided smart phone assessment forms. This may include conducting home visits and leading meetings with heads of communities, relief committees and other community representatives
- Upload data on the mobile device via wireless internet on a regular, scheduled basis
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety, security and context of the local situation and promptly report changing situations, concerns or incidents to the IRC team
- Attend trainings and capacity building sessions held by the organization, either in person, via Skype, phone, or another communication medium
- Manage team of Research and Monitoring outreach/incentive workers in the field.
- Other duties as assigned by the organization supervisor to enable and contribute to organization’s programming
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: MEAL Officer
Band / Level / Grade: 9
Department: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Unit (MEAL)
The role of the Research and Monitoring Assistant is to assess various forms of assistance provided by both the organization and its’ partners inside Syria. Duties also include assessing the needs of people inside of Syria as organization’s response to the crisis in Syria progresses. The Research and Monitoring Assistant will work closely with organization`s current partners and build new connections with potential partners on the ground.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word).
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.