JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4137
Job Title: LEARN Protection Specialist Assistant تعلم مساعد أخصائي الحماية
Application deadline: 3/12/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Personal abilities:
o Diploma (Bachelor or Master) in law, international relations, social science, or other relevant field.
o +3 years of experience in protection, including on Protection Mainstreaming including 1 year in a similar position with an I/NGO with team management.
o If no diploma or lower diploma in these areas equivalent and 4 to 5 years’ progressive experiences in Protection/protection Mainstreaming, including 1 years in a similar position with an I/NGO with team management.
- Technical competences:
o Excellent knowledge of Protection principles.
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
o Strong coordination skills, and enthusiasm for working with a multicultural team.
o Strong analytical and problem –solving capacity, with a collaborative approach to work.
o Past experience in capacity building and training.
o Ability to travel for field visits (AL-Raqqa, Hasakeh, Der-ez-Zor).
o Strong ability to use all Microsoft Office programs.
o Strong time management skills, with the ability to priorities and work to deadline efficiently.
o Demonstrated experience in conducting protection assessments, analysis, and monitoring.
Capacity Building and orientation
- Support monitoring of Protection Mainstreaming understanding by sector staff; collect training needs with field-based staff;
- Support both CMU Protection Specialist and Deputy in training LEARN non-specialized staff on Protection Mainstreaming and relevant topics;
- Support the Protection Specialist Deputy, dissemination and use of required tools, guidance and methodologies to mainstream protection across LEARN intervention and contribute to institutional knowledge building and learning initiatives and processes;
- Monitor the use of participation tools (FGD, KII) to ensure an age, gender and diversity approach;
- Review relevant FGD, KII and monitoring reports to strengthen protection analysis;
- Participate to FGD when relevant;
- Facilitate site visits.
Protection mainstreaming within the project cycle
- Lead on translation of key documents, including presentations and other LEARN tools;
- Support sector staff or lead in assessing protection risks for LEARN project (through FGD, KII, observation), as well as protection needs;
- Support on Protection Risks Analysis with other sector staffs, as well as defining mitigation measures;
- Relay protection challenges to CMU Protection Specialist and Protection Specialist Deputy;
- Support increased participation of beneficiaries during the project cycle.
Coordination and referral mechanisms
- Participate in monthly cross-partner meetings if Protection Specialist Deputy not available;
- Support the Protection Specialist Deputy in ensuring that staff are equipped to safely and ethically refer protection cases to services providers.
Advertiser : Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Amuda
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Thank to send your application with a resume, cover letter, copy of diplomas, and work certificate,
by email to : email@example.com with the following subject : LR PO SP ASS_NOV20
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.