JOB Vacancy Announcement #: 4611
Job Title: Area Liaison and Transportation Assistant
Application deadline: 02.03.2021
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience in related jobs;
- Good English and Arabic (written and spoken);
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure in a high-pace environment;
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Public Relation responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance of ACTED with all general requirements of the Provincial and District Authorities including submission of requested reports and responding to special requests.
- Advice ACTED on its relationship with the local authorities to facilitate a positive cooperative relationship.
- Advise programme teams on specific regulations implemented by the Authorities that impact the ability to implement activities and/or impact the speed of implementation.
- Submit and follow up on any pending permissions/authorisations to conduct activities across the District as per the needs of programme teams and ensure presentations on completed activities are provided in a timely manner when required.
- Support programme teams in their communications with District Government Departments and/or in the collection of Government data for programme planning purposes.
- Ensure all copies of up-to-date permissions for ACTED to operate in the District are regularly filed and passed on to the country office in Amman.
- Capitalise on all processes and documentation used on a regular basis for interactions with local authorities including: (a) preparation of templates for basic programme requests; (b) development of a follow-up tool for all pending requests initiated by ACTED and any/all ad-hoc/regular requests made by the civilian authorities or military commander[s]; (c) preparation of an authorities contact/information sheet to be updated on a monthly basis; (d) preparation and dissemination to senior management of procedures/processes to be followed according to the type of interaction; (e) land ownership legal technicalities and processes of follow-up.
- Support processes at the Area Office aimed at improving internal and, as per the recommendations of Coordination, external communication / visibility; i.e. development of an ACTED Information Bulletin, implementation of an activities bulletin board, etc.
- Advice ACTED on opportunities for collaboration with local and international NGOs, private sector organisations, and government departments; specifically support coordination in developing practical relations with other actors.
- Represent ACTED at local coordination meetings or local NGO form and ensure good relations with them.
- Report on any incident and monitor the overall political and security situation in the area.
- Fleet and tracking
- Follow ACTED safety and security guidelines for drivers, transportation and tracking;
- Organise driver´s trips and passenger’s transportation according to the needs of the mission, and set daily fleet plan, and share it with relevant teams;
- Monitor, track and report all movements via regular communication with drivers;
- Ensuring and checking that the standard services for vehicles are scheduled and carried out, as well as daily and weekly checks;
- Management and coordination between offices of the Fleet planning;
- Supervising and ensuring that all movements are realized in a safe manner and timely according to requests;
- Ensure and managing timely, cost efficient transportation services within the area;
- Ensuring and Checking that log books and vehicle equipment are maintained correctly, and follow soft copy of fleet tools and trackers, and entering driver’s mileages and trip’s data;
- Ensuring that all equipment such as (access letters, contacts lists, first aid kits, communication tools etc.) are available in vehicles.
- Supervising and training drivers, and ensure that ACTED rules are applied;
- Organising the daily planning and use of vehicles
- Drivers supervision
- Contributes to the driver’s evaluation, motivation.
- Ensure that Drivers motivation is high and working conditions are appropriate
- Makes sure that drivers and staff follow all tracking and other security procedures and reports any misconduct
- Provides drivers with necessary induction and training of ACTED SOPS and procedures.
- Makes sure that drivers have valid all documentation they need to conduct their duties
- Prepare weekly activity reports for the Country Representative and Amuda Area Coordinator outlining contextual updates in the region, main security incidents, meetings attended and issues discussed therein along with any required action points.
- Systematic sharing of any document (circular, press release, law etc.) outlining significant security or administrative change in the region, with Country representative.
- Ensure all paperwork is filed and disseminated, where necessary, to the relevant line manager for their respective filing.
- Ensure regular visit to the ACTED Office in Amuda while the office remains unoccupied.
- Extensive travel to other areas required and frequent.
Nothing to Mention.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh Base
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.