JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2635)
Job Title: Pharmacist/ Warehouse Manager
Application deadline: 12.02.2020
Education / Experience Needed
▪ MBChB or equivalent degree
▪ At least three years of post-qualification experience working in a clinical setting
▪ Prefer previous experience working for an NGO in primary health care
▪ Experience in health management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness to travel in and out of the field.
- Must have analytical writing skills
- Computer literate with good skills in common Microsoft office programs
- High level of integrity and stewardship
The Pharmacist will deliver essential primary health care to refugee and host populations and ensure that all medicines and medical supplies are stored and transported in accordance with good distribution practices (GDP) and Organization drug guidelines in support of the Organization health (HEA) PHCC in Tel-Hajar, Al-Hassakeh, NE Syria.
Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence.
Respect the Organization’s values at all times, both within and outside of working hours.
Be prepared to work in Al-Hassakeh Governorate and to relocate at short notice.
Work closely with all members of the health team to provide the highest possible quality of care.
Treat all patients and their relatives with respect and dignity.
Maintain confidentiality for all patients.
▪ Ensure that transportation and storage of medicines and medical supplies complies with good distribution practices (GDP) and Organization drug guidelines
▪ Ensure that the warehouse is clean, organized, and free of pests at all times
▪ Maintain accurate stock records for all medicines and supplies in the warehouse
▪ Monitor the temperature and humidity of the warehouse on a daily basis and report any concerns to line manager
▪ Dispense medications as prescribed by the doctors in the health team.
▪ Check all prescriptions are correct according to age, weight, other medications and conditions of the patient and discuss any unclear prescriptions with the prescriber to ensure patient safety at all times.
▪ Ensure patients understand correct dosage and timing of administration of medication, potential side effects and when they should return.
▪ Ensure that all medications are stored in the correct manner using principles of FEFO to ensure high quality of medications and safety of patients.
▪ Ensure that infection control measures are followed at all times maintaining high level of cleanliness.
▪ Assist with additional duties after appropriate training and as requested by HPM or MC.
▪ Capacity building PHC pharmacy/health staff in correct prescriptions, correct dispensing, patient education, adverse side effect education and management, warehouse/storage management, stock supply management, procurement/requesting of medications, strengthening the supply chain by advocating to Health Committee together with PHCC staff.
▪ Submit weekly stock reports, indicating which items are near to expiry and/or minimum stock levels
▪ Submit weekly temperature and humidity reports
▪ Conduct a physical inventory of all stock on a monthly basis, with the support of Organization Logistics & MC.
▪ Ensure that medicines and supplies are stored according to project / grant
▪ Fulfil stock requests in a timely and accurate manner
▪ Report any warehouse maintenance issues to line manager immediately
▪ Regularly communicates with the HPM and MC to relay general flow, success, and challenges of the medical clinic.
▪ Adhere to the Organization’s security management plan
▪ Ensure that the warehouse is locked at all times
▪ Ensure that no unauthorized persons are admitted to the warehouse
▪ Report any security incidents or concerns to Medical Coordinator/ Officer immediately
▪ Work closely with line manager to implement anti-fraud and loss measures in the warehouse
Communication and Coordination –
▪ Represent Organization’s at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, UN agencies and other NGOs
▪ Interpret as necessary between Arabic / Local language and English for the HPM and Health TA.
▪ Coordinate and Liaise with members of the Organization’s health management team and clinical team to ensure all objectives of the health program are met.
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.