JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2640)
Job Title: Livestock Officer
Application deadline: 16.02.2019
please attach the JD to the annocuemnet
- University Degree in an Agricultural/Agribusiness or livestock-related subject
- Ability to use MS Office programs, specifically Excel and Word
- A good command of Arabic and English including written English.
- Previous experience in a humanitarian organization or working in a private sector or government organisation in livestock.
- Willingness to be flexible and work long hours when required;
- Good organizational skills and ability to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- Willingness to learn and to take on extra duties as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to beneficiary accountability and humanitarian ethics.
- Advanced Degree (Masters) in Livestock-related subject
- Knowledge of Gender-related issues in the livestock sector
- Knowledge of Value Chains and Markets
- Previous experience in report writing
- Previous experience with digital data gathering (DDG) applications. I.e – iformbuilder, Kobo, ODK, etc.
- To provide strategic direction to the livestock component of RLAR including in the design of studies, provision of assets, trainings, collection of data and market linkages.
- To provide technical advice on livestock-related issues including livestock management, livestock health, stocking, contents of para-vet kits, assets included within the vouchers and rangeland management
- To facilitate refresher training for veternarian professionals in local agricultural departments and private sector
- To facilitate and organise the training of community-based para-vets and households receiving livestock assets through the project distributions
- To faciltate the provision of livestock services to beneficiaries
- To ensure assessments and regular data collection are appropriate and meet standards
- To supervise and coordinate agriculture and market assistants during assessment and distribution activities, ensuring that all activities are conducted in line with Concern policies.
- To communicate cordially and respectfully at all times with the community and program teams.
- To coordinate effectively with DcoP, programme assistants and daily workers to ensure the successful outcome of programme activities.
- To provide daily and weekly reports on completed activities to the DCoP.
- To provide recommendations for improved program quality in line with Concern’s objectives and priorities.
- To ensure accurate messaging to programme participants in relation to the Concern, its programme activities and its accountability mechanism.
- To promote the use and support the function of the community accountability mechanism
- To undertake other programme activities when requested by the DCoP and management.
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
Advertiser :Concern WW
Duty Station: NES
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
– المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/NES/056 الموضوع
على البريد الالكتروني : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.