JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2706)
Job Title: Database Officer
Application deadline: 05.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills:
- Good analytical skills, highly organized, detail-oriented, responsible and reliable manner.
- Ability to think creatively, proactive and independent working style
- Really good knowledge of Kobo and Excel
- Experience as Database assistant/officer
- Fluent in Arabic language, spoken English an advantage
- Good logic and ease with numbers.
- Interviews will be conducted in English only;
- Both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Coordinate with the M&E Team Leader and Programme teams to provide timely data collection tools in line with donor requirements on beneficiary information (verification, baseline, end-line, PDM data bases)
- Liaise with M&E Team Leader and MEAL Manager on SOPs for data collection procedure, quality assurance and ethical guidelines.
- Ensure field teams across North East Syria follow SOPs, communicate with M&E Team Leader about SOPs and raise any concerns with the M&E Team Leader
- Foster good coordination and relationships and timely sharing of key issues related to Data management and collection within and across key departments: FSL, Education, WASH, Emergency, Shelter…
- Act as focal point for qualitative data analysis and reporting
Reporting/data management products
- Coordinate with M&E Officers data collection and proper entry in the field – ensuring all tools are properly prepared, translated and tested
- Ensure the data cleaning, clearing and archiving of database
- Contribute to the creation of new tools, questionnaires and forms
- Regular communication with M&E Team Leader and M&E Officers for activity planning of verifications, baselines distribution monitoring, post-distribution monitoring, vendors monitoring, market assessment and ad hoc monitoring
- Report any feedbacks and recommendations for changes for tools used by M&E team
- Ensure SOPs for data management, storage, quality assurance and ethical collection are circulated with all mission staff
- Support where necessary in report writing and analysis (baseline, end-line, assessments, PDM analysis). Reporting duties should be discussed with M&E Team Leader, dependent on team workload.
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of the department.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by Line Manager.
- Understand and adhere to the mission’s National Staff Handbook, CvT Code of Conduct, CvT Key Policies and relevant guidelines.
Duty Station: based in Raqqa or Manbij in our operations in North Eastern Syria (NES)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.