JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2711)
Job Title: Human Resources and Admin Coordinator
Application deadline: 03.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
Experiences and skills:
Excellent sense of judgment
At least 3 years’ experience in HR / Administration with other NGOs or Private Organization
Ability to work simultaneously with multiple tasks, willingness and ability to work efficiently with a wide diverse group of people
Working ability with tight deadlines and in a fast growing program environment
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills & problem solving skills
Good spoken and written English
Computer literate and Strong organizational skills
Excellent working knowledge of threat assessment, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy at all levels.
- Previous work experience with THE ORGINZATION is an advantage
Knowledge of the country’s culture and languages (Arabic and or/ Kurdish) is a plus
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- As second focal person for HR/Admin in NES, be thoroughly familiar with THE ORGINZATION HR policies and procedures in North East Syria
- Support HR/Admin Manager to ensure that THE ORGINZATION HR policies and procedures in NE Syria are implemented in such a way as to protect the rights of both staff and the organization while equally ensuring that both staff and the organization meet their responsibilities.
- With Hiring Managers, finalize Job Descriptions and Personnel Requisition Forms for – North East Syria staff ensuring that they are consistent with THE ORGINZATION global and country-specific guidelines and mandate.
- Guide recruitment processes in northeast Syria including developing and placing vacancy announcements, Receiving and grading applications and arranging and participating in interviews.
- Ensure that candidate selection processes are in accordance with THE ORGINZATION ’s policies and procedures for Syria with a focus on transparency, fairness and recruitment on the basis of merit.
- Maintain accurate, updated and confidential personnel and recruitment files and trackers.
- Review and monitor the status of all national staff employment contracts in the north east and ensure that the Head of office is updated well in advance of renewals or changes required.
- Ensure that all new and revised staff contracts, offer letters, salary worksheets and personal declarations and Advise the hiring managers on proposed salary scales for each position are prepared correctly.
- Lead new staff induction processes ensuring that all new staff are introduced to The orginzation ’s policies and procedures and that they are re-oriented on a periodic basis.
- Work closely with the supervisors to implement annual, mid-year and probationary performance review processes.
- Ensure that all staff departing The orginzation complete a full and documented handover and that exit interviews are conducted.
- Maintain confidentiality of all HR decisions, issues and records.
- As requested, participate in meetings representing HR/Admin in the absence of HR/Admin Manager.
- Ensure standardization of all guesthouses in terms of services provided and personnel to support conducive living condition and ensure all the items and minimum requirements are met at all times.
- Support HR/Admin Manager to oversee the introduction and implementation of general administrative systems and procedures based on The orginzation ’s Admin policies including filing systems.
- With the HR/Admin Manager coordinates the implementation of systems for office management including IT policies, clean office policies, office security policies, etc.
- Coordinate with government agencies to facilitate key matters such as social security, tax and registration.
- Submit weekly and monthly updates to HR-Admin Manager on HR/Admin functions and updates all Trackers (Deployment, Recruitment, Leave, Visa and Residency permit etc. Trackers)
Staff Management, Mentorship, and Development
- Work with HR/Admin Manager to ensure proper supervision of HR / Admin staff and further develop their skills and capacity
Collaboration and Representation
- Work closely with the HR and Admin Manager in NES , HR and Admin Coordinator in Amman , Finance Manager, Logistics , Procurement Coordinator, Security Manager and Program Managers and counter parts, in North East Syria
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Actively participate in emergency preparedness and planning processes
- In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response in HR/Admin
Duty Station: Hassaka with 30 % travel to field offices
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.