JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2712)
Job Title: SRC GENDER, AGE AND DISABILITY COORDINATOR
Application deadline: 05.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelors or post-graduate degree in social sciences, economics, gender studies, or related field
- Ability to travel to locations of SRC programming required (within northeast Syria)
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Strong training and facilitation skills, with experience in developing content and measuring training outcomes
- Knowledgeable in concepts of gender, age, and disability inclusion in humanitarian settings
- Ability to support multiple projects with clear understanding of anticipated outputs
- Experience providing advisory services
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnerships and collaborative relationships
- Ability to think critically and on a strategic level of systems and policies, as well as on an operational level
Based in Syria supporting the Northeast hub, the GAD Inclusion Coordinator will report to the Senior Gender in Livelihoods Advisor in the PCU (based in Amman), and coordinate closely with consortium members (CMs) and Humanity and Inclusion’s Inclusive Livelihoods Technical Coordinator in support of disability inclusion. S/He are responsible for ensuring field-based operational SRC teams have consistent and practical support to coordinate the implementation of GAD-sensitive programming, as well as the technical support specifically related to gender and age via trainings and resource provision, while coordinating with HI’s disability inclusion-specific technical support. S/He will ensure adequate measuring and monitoring of progress against objectives, coordinate with local and international NGOs, and ensure learning is shared across CMs and with other hubs inside Syria. The position will be primarily field-facing and the Coordinator will be expected to spend the majority of his/her time in Syria working with other SRC member offices. Should travel authorization be possible, travel to Amman would be included as needed.
The GAD Inclusion Coordinator will be expected to be able to fulfill the following core responsibilities:
- Leading and implementing a Training of Trainers (ToT) on gender and livelihoods (and other topics related to gender, age and the intersectionality with disabilty as prioritized by CMs), covering 3 hubs where feasible, including development of ToT paradigm, conducting trainings in Arabic and English, continued mentoring and monitoring of progress for trained trainers, identification of additional capacity needs, etc.
- Operational coordination of the roll-out of e-learning resource materials, monitoring of staff utilization of course materials, and identification of new course content in line with SRC needs and strategy and in collaboration with the Senior Gender in Livelihoods Advisor
- Regular coordination with CMs and SRC area coordinators at hub level, including ensuring regular communication, sharing of information, learning, and resources, communication with SRC and external area coordination structures (including ensuring GAD issues are regularly discussed at SRC AC meetings), and linking work of hubs to the centralized GTF in Amman to inform strategy as led by the Senior Gender in Livelihoods Advisor. This includes close collaboration with HI disability inclusion teams to ensure their lead technical support for disability is embedded within regular area-based coordination practices.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on all technical tasks, including measurement of learning from ToTs and e-learning courses, supporting members to measure and report on relevant indicators for SRC grants, and facilitating the development of tools and assessments to monitor impact of GAD Inclusion work to support the scaling of activities
- In collaboration with the GTF and hub-based CM field teams, support the regular gathering and analysis of GAD-related contextual information to inform SRC programming, including rapid assessments, and ensuring CM staff have adequate capacity to gather and analyze GAD-relevant data.Other duties as requested
Duty Station: Al-Hasakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.