JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2723)
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Application deadline: 10.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- 3 years of overall experience in INGOs, at least 2 years at management level experience within a complex humanitarian setting
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children and young adults (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in Arabic and English
- Previous experience of program management, including multi sector programmes
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in the specific field office.
- Knowledge of the NGO systems and procedures
- Experience in program management
- Experience in budget management
- Experience in staff capacity building
- Good understanding of team, gender, equality dynamics
- Lead in the implementation of all programs in the assigned area through a coordinated approach ensuring that teams work as a unit
- Have responsibility for budgeting as well as monitoring budgets for all the awards implemented in the area with support from the Field Manager, ensuring that programs, support services and reports are delivered according to the NGO and donor contractual requirements, within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Work with the Partnership Coordinator in ensuring that partners are identified, supported to delivery program effectively.
- Support, coach and mentor the program teams, monitor their work and provide guidance and oversight, ensuring that staff achieve the programs expected results on time and within quality standards.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship and liaise with other stakeholders, including managers, communities, partners, and participate in relevant meetings.
- Ensure that planning and work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and authorities, and take a leadership role, ensuring the specific needs of children are being addressed.
- Identify program supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.
- Prepare timely program and donor reports on program activities in compliance with internal and external donor requirements.
- Oversee programme implementation to ensure timely delivery of programme activities (for example, monitoring against log frames & BVA, individual performance management work plans).
- Support on recruitment, induction of new joiners and ensure that before staff start work they have gone through all the mandatory trainings.
- Through the program officer, implement participatory assessment to contribute to programme planning and MEAL processes
- Represent the NGO in various coordination meetings including camp coordination and camp management meetings
- Supervise and motivate are base staff to perform highly in their respective roles and responsibilities. This will include leading on staffing structure, recruitment, performance management and implementing staff welfare policy.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Ensure that NGO work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and local authorities, and take a leadership role within the area program and report back to the Field Manager.
- Support multi-agency coordination at field office, and lend support to cluster where appropriate to identify opportunities and material to contribute to communications and media work, acting as a spokesperson when required.
- Comply with the NGO policies and practice with respect to child guarding, code of conduct, Anti-harassment, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and well-being of staff and that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect the NGO ‘s principles of equity and fairness.
Advertiser :Confidential غير معلن
Duty Station: Hasaka
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.