JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2745)
Job Title: Programme Assistant – Case Management
Application deadline: 11.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, child development/psychology, sociology or other relevant field.
- Experience preferably in psychosocial work, child care and/ or working with vulnerable families, caregivers, communities and individuals
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection, psychosocial support and child and youth development
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community, children and youth.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and basic Excel.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources
- Support the identification of vulnerable children in need of individual support and counselling.
- Under supervision of the Case Management Officer, work closely with parents and caregivers on developing their parenting skills, understanding and responding to the psychosocial challenges that they and their children may be facing, and mobilizing to improve community child protection mechanisms.
- Keep records and feeding into the database of individual case files.
- Contribute and facilitate for trainings in the area of psychosocial support, under the lead of the Case Management Officer.
- Roll out quality interventions for children in need of individual and/ or group psychosocial support and /or other services (referral).
- Feed into weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required by the line manager.
- Work together with the Child Protection team to monitor the overall situation of the conflict affected children and their families in the community and monitor trends in child protection issues raised. Informing the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with The organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with CM Officer and Coordinator, perform other required duties within reason (in line with your skills and experience)
Duty Station: Derik
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.