JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2750)
Job Title: Sanitation Supervisor
Application deadline: 18.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- .Personal abilities :
o Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
o Languages: English, Arabic, Kurdish (additional languages a plus)
o Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills
(communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of
prioritsation of tasks
- Technical competences :
o Training: University degree/Diploma in Water Resources or Civil Engineering or in one of the disciplines of Water
Supply and/or Enviromental Helath
o Relevant experience on team management and activities follow up
o Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up and
o IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, design, Autocad, GIS, data collection and
analysis software a plus Management related skills
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Deputy Program Manager:
o plan human resources need (daily workers, workers…)
o plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
o anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
o anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means…)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Deputy Program Manager: latrine construction and desludging, waste treatment site construction, maintenance and running of the waste management, waste collection and treatment
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity performed by his team, daily workers or contractors as their focal point on the field. Ensure that standards, instructions and timeline given by his/her Deputy Program Manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed.
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Deputy Program Manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions and adjustment.
- Anticipate any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and solve any problem.
- Liaise with the population to understand needs, complaints and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International
- Collect information about the humanitarian situation taking into account the vulnerabilities regarding sanitation and waste management of the population.
- Upon the request of the WASH Deputy Program Manager, the Sanitation Supervisor might support punctually the EMR department in their emergency WASH activities
Logistics and Administration
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Deputy Program Manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / communication / HR
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Deputy Program Manager and/or Program Manager.
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her Deputy Program Manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her Deputy Program Manager any
non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Realise the appraisal of his/her staff members
Duty Station: Hassakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.