JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2751)
Job Title: 3 WASH Officers
Application deadline: 18.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
.Personal abilities :
o Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
o Languages: English, Arabic, Kurdish (additional languages a plus)
o Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills
(communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of
prioritsation of tasks
Technical competences :
o Training: Diploma in Water Resources or Civil Engineering or in one of the disciplines of Water Supply /Public Health and/or Enviromental Health
o Relevant experience on team management and activities follow up
o Project related skills : good knowledge of the project cycle, project implementation, project follow-up and
o IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software : Excel, Word, Outlook, design, Autocad, GIS, data collection and
analysis software a plus Management related skills
Set-up and operational monitoring
- Under the supervision of the WASH Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of SI WASH activities
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
o Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
o Carry out technical assessments of identified sites and make recommendations for appropriate tailored interventions
o Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
o Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
o Respect deadlines established with his/her program manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the WASH Team Leader and by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Provide training to all relevant beneficiaries (daily labourers and/or beneficiaries) to ensure the safe and appropriate use of facilities installed.
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the WASH program manager
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the WASH team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Make sure that the security rules are perfectly well known understood and followed by the daily workers.
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learnt workshops and other program evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
Duty Station: Hassakeh
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.