JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2752)
Job Title: Translation Officer -Incentive
Application deadline: 10.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- College qualification or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication in Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
- Preferably two years of professional experience in translation and/or interpretation.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple urgent demands, and make timely and quality judgments and decisions to produce the highest quality work possible under time and resource constraints.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of Org’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Program planning, design and implementation
- Translate documents between English, Kurdish and Arabic as necessary in a timely manner
- Provide accurate interpretation of speeches and statements to and from English in official and internal meetings, workshops, seminars, training sessions, and as requested.
- Assist in the coordination of all official correspondence and other communications received from authorities or organizations and prepare official translations of correspondence as required.
- Travel as necessary to program sites and activity locations.
- Assist in the drafting of communications materials, including promotional material, situational reports, capability statements, and media pieces.
- Provide support to program staff as necessary in direct project implementation; availability beyond regular working hours.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide translation during training sessions, workshops and meetings as required.
- Work closely with the technical and support staff to develop and translate relevant materials for use in direct communication with children and the community in general, as well as local authorities.
- Submit on a weekly basis activity report to immediate supervisor.
- Any other reasonable task as instructed by immediate supervisor.
- Comply with Org policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Duty Station: Hassakeh – NES
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.