JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2769)
Job Title: Area Coordinator
Application deadline: 20.03.2020
– University degree in relevant field
– At least 2 years’ experience in a senior management position
– Extensive experience in dealing with local authorities, national and international NGOs/UN agencies.
– Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Arabic or Kurdish
– Strong analytical, reporting and networking skills
– Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
– Ability to work under pressure
– Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a diverse, international environment
– Well-organized and able to plan work accordingly
– Demonstrated ability to establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
Strategic and Programme Management
- Support the Programme Director and other programme staff as needed in ensuring quality and timely implementation of all programmes in line with Concern’s strategy, sector approaches, recognised best practices and as per programme workplans and results frameworks.
- Seek ways to ensure maximum integration of different programmes to ensure a holistic and complimentary response to the needs of communities supported, in conjunction with relevant programme managers.
- Make sure logistical, financial and human resources potential are optimized to help achieve programme objectives and are in line with the Concern values, standards and policies.
- Solve any bottlenecks that are impeding the implementation of activities at the local level.
- Participate in regular programme and system coordination meetings.
- Ensure that all Concern Protection, equality and gender policies are incorporated into all programme planning and implementation
- Contribute to and coordinate the team in the development and submission of concept notes, proposals and reports in collaboration with the Programme Director.
- Working with the Accountability team, ensure an effective Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) process is in place, addressing requests for information and complaints as required.
Safety and Security Management
- Act as overall security focal point for the area. This includes regularly monitoring of the security situation and trends, updating senior management on the same.
- Organise, and ensure documentation of, regular security focal group meetings.
- Ensure the team and visitors understand and adhere to Concern’s Security Management Plan (SMP) and the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Support the Systems Director in regularly reviewing and updating the same and other relevant security and safety procedures and policies.
- Conduct risk and security assessments of new project areas, sites or modalities.
- Provide security briefings to new staff, national and/or international.
- Collect and share immediate information on any security incident with direct impact on staff and/or operations
- Ensure strict adherence by all staff to Concern’s zero visibility policy.
Coordination and Leadership
- Act as focal contact person for Concern in your area for all government organizations/departments, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations, beneficiaries and other key stakeholders; developing and maintaining positive and transparent relations with the same.
- Participate in local coordination meetings with HAO, NGOs and other stakeholders to ensure strong cooperation and coordination.
- Share information on Concern activities and intervention and promote good relations and collaboration with other actors working in the area.
Office management: Finance/HR/Admin/Logs
- Oversee, with support from the Office Manager – where applicable – and Systems Director, the management of logistics (including procurement, fleet management, warehousing), administration, finance and human resources functions in line with organizational policies.
- Review office monthly management accounts and ensure the budget is utilized as per plan and following standard financial procedures
- In cooperation with Programme managers and systems teams, ensure that staff prepare procurement plans and work plans and that they are implemented in a timely manner by systems support staff.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team ensuring that staff directly line managed have clear objectives, works plans and receive meaningful and regular feedback on their performance along with identification of professional development opportunities.
- Reinforce the matrix management structure and assist in ensuring strong communication and working relationships between local staff and technical line-managers.
- Strengthen and build the programmatic, managerial and operational skills of staff through on-job mentoring and coaching, feedback mechanisms, and the completion of performance development reviews and capacity building plans.
- Participate in the recruitment of national staff, including development of job descriptions, and liaise with HR for supporting the recruitment process.
- Hold weekly management meetings and share the minutes with the SMT
- Ensure all Concern policies and guidelines are adhered to by staff and local partners in your area of jurisdiction e.g. Code of Conduct, Programme Participant Protection Policy, Equality, Anti-Fraud Policy and Accountability standards.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Programme Director or senior management team
Advertiser :كونسيرن العالمية – Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Tabqa or Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
للتقديم يرجى ارسال بريد الكتروني متضمّنا:
– السيرة الذاتية
– ثلاثة مراجع مهنية مع كامل المعلومات (ايميلات –أرقام هواتف –مناصب وظيفية)
– المسمى الوظيفي ومنطقة الوظيفة والرقم التسلسلي CWW/SYR/TBQ/074بخانة الموضوع
على البريد الالكتروني : email@example.com
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.