JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2810)
Job Title: Programme Officer –Vocational Education
Application deadline: 22.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Minimum two years professional experience with education work e.g. as a teacher or school supervisor.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Proven experience in capacity building, coordinating activities, developing plans and drafting reports.
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, and capacity to maintain relations with community leaders, community member members, children and youth.
- Strong understanding of the situation of children (girls and boys) in rural and urban communities.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of local governance structures in NE Syria and other local stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to travel independently, including to rural communities and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources.
- Strong Kurdish/Arabic skills, written and spoken. Good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
- Commitment to and understanding of The organization ’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- With support from the Area Coordinator, and under the guidance of the Education Specialist, develop, implement and monitor quarterly, monthly and weekly activity plans to achieve expected results. This includes planning of activities, budgets and procurement.
- Develop weekly activity schedules for the Vocational Education center, in coordination with the CP department, to ensure that they are integrated with CFS activities.
- Regularly monitor the activities implemented in the Vocational Education center, to ensure that all planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures and within budget as per the work plans.
- Ensure that the activities implemented in the spaces are child-friendly, and that the spaces are conducive to a positive learning environment.
- Work with education stakeholders including vocational school/centre management, Education committees, local councils, Ministry of Education, other Education actors, and community to improve vocational education service provision
- Identify education needs and gaps as well as potential partners
With the guidance of the Education Specialist, plan and organize trainings on vocational trainings, teacher trainings, conflict sensitive education, positive discipline, classroom management, Vocational Education activities, and other topics for teachers, facilitators, partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that project activities are consistent with The organization ’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations
- With the support of the Programme team, support integration and mainstreaming efforts.
- Support with the organisation implementation of awareness sessions in local communities and community child-friendly centres for children, adolescents, parents and community members.
- Support regular meetings with PTAs, school management committees, parents associations and other relevant groups.
- Conduct regular classroom observation and child satisfaction surveys, in coordination with the MEAL team.
- Ensure that registration and attendance data is regularly compiled, and reported appropriately.
- Draft weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required.
- Liaise on a daily basis with partners, community and supervisors and colleagues to guarantee the smooth operation of the programs.
- Prepare financial and administrative documentation related to project activities, such as purchase and procurement requests, etc
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of the conflict affected children and their families in the community, with specific attention paid to the program targeted children and program objectives.
- Informing the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Any other duties, within reasons (based on skills and experience).
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of Education Assistants.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed.
- Support dithe orginzation plinary measures application if needed.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other THE ORGINZATION sectors and departments as necessary.
- Represent THE ORGINZATION in internal or external visits and calls where needed.
- Participate in kick-off, close out, strategy meetings and camp coordination meetings as relevant.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with The organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason(in line with skills and experience).
Duty Station: Derek-Roj Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.