JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2811)
Job Title: Programme Officer –Case Management
Application deadline: 26.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection in emergencies, case management, alternative care, psychosocial support, child and youth development, child and youth resilience and empowerment.
- At least one and a half years’ experience in child protection and/ or working with vulnerable families, caregivers, communities and individuals.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and capacity to maintain relations with government officials, community leaders, children and youth.
- At least two years of experience in managing projects, including supervision of staff.
- In-depth experience of training-development and delivery, including Child Protection and Case Management.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and excel.
- Commitment to and understanding of The organization ’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources, and with remote management.
- Good knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and English..
Development and technical supervision of case management
- Provide training and on the job mentoring and technical guidance to the CM Assistants in their team.
- Support the identification of vulnerable children in need of individual support and counselling.
- Participate in regular case management meetings with staff to review case and decide on actions plans (at least once every two weeks).
- In case of referrals, participate in case management conferences with relevant actors (INGOs, local NGOs and other external stakeholders) to ensure plans are developed together in the best interest of the child.
- Ensure that assessments are conducted, and case plans developed and reviewed.
- Provide technical support and/or manage complex cases.
- Build and maintain the databases of individual case files, ensuring that cases are regularly documented, as per data protection protocols (all hard and soft copies are coded, soft documents are password protected, hard copies are kept in a locked cabinet, etc).
- In collaboration with the Child Protection Monitoring and Resilience team, establish and maintain relationships with key informants and community-based mechanisms.
- Work closely with key informants, community-based mechanisms and parents and caregivers on developing their parenting skills, understanding and responding to the psychosocial challenges that they and their children may be facing.
- Support, coach and mentor THE ORGINZATION Staff and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure quality interventions for children in need of individual and/ or group psychosocial support.
- Provide technical input and deliver activities and trainings in the area of child and family-focused protection, psychosocial support, youth-adolescents life skills, community child protection mechanisms, and capacity building, including integrated work with other SC sectors, such as education.
- Draft weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required.
- Inform the line manager about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Any other duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of case management assistants.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed.
- Support disciplinary measures application if needed.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other THE ORGINZATION sectors and departments as necessary.
- Represent THE ORGINZATION case management in internal or external visits and calls where needed.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with The organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Duty Station: Derek-Roj Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.