JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2812)
Job Title: Programme Assistant -Child Protection Monitoring and Resilience x 2
Application deadline: 26.03.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Experience and/or excellent understanding of child rights, child protection in emergencies, case management, alternative care, psychosocial support, child and youth development, child and youth resilience and empowerment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and capacity to maintain relations with government officials, community leaders, children and youth.
- At least one year of experience in working with children.
- In-depth experience of training-development and delivery, including Child Protection.
- Proficiency in computer use including Microsoft Office and excel.
- Commitment to and understanding of The organization ’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches and child safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Flexibility and willingness to change work practices and hours and spend time in the field, sometimes in difficult conditions and with limited resources, and with remote management.
- Good knowledge of Arabic, Kurdish and English..
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Support the identification of beneficiaries and suitable sites/location, and the implementation of Child Protection program activities.
- Conduct trainings CFS management, CFS activities, PSS activities, positive discipline to supervisors and facilitators, with the support of the CP M&R Officer.
- Daily monitoring visits to CFSs to ensure that the quality of implementation is up to THE ORGINZATION and international standards, based on quality checklists and quality benchmarks.
- Supervise the CFS Supervisor, and ensure that weekly schedules of activities are developed to make sure that there are separate activities for younger children, adolescent boys and girls, and that activities are running every working day from 8 to 4 pm.
- Ensure CFS stock is regularly monitoring, and requests for materials are raised timely.
- Ensure that registration and attendance data is collected accurately, and inputted in the database on a regular basis (weekly).
- Coordination with other SC Departments and other stakeholders to avoid overlapping of activities, and ensure harmonisation of schedules, especially with Education.
- With the support of the Programme team, support integration and mainstreaming efforts.
- Work closely with parents and caregivers on developing their parenting skills, understanding and responding to the psychosocial challenges that they and their children may be facing, and mobilizing to improve community child protection mechanisms.
- Assist in the organizing and implementation of awareness sessions in local communities and community child-friendly centres for children, adolescents, parents and community members.
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of the conflict-affected children and their families in the community, with specific attention paid to the programme targeted children and programme objectives.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to the communities, ensure regular contact with key stakeholders.
- Provide relevant information for the drafting of weekly, monthly, progress and other reports, as required.
- Liaise on a daily basis with partners, community and supervisors and colleagues to guarantee the smooth operation of the programs.
- Prepare financial and administrative documentation related to project activities, such as purchase and procurement requests, etc
- Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of the conflict affected children and their families in the community, with specific attention paid to the program targeted children and program objectives.
- Informing the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities or issues in the social context.
- Any other duties, within reasons (based on skills and experience).
Human resource management
- Responsible for line management of CFS supervisors.
- Follow up staff attendance, leaves, and coverage during leave for the staff under her/his supervision.
- Ensure regular feedback to the staff under her/his responsibility and appraisal process when needed.
- Support disciplinary measures application if needed.
Coordination and representation
- Coordinate with other THE ORGINZATION sectors and departments as necessary.
- Represent THE ORGINZATION in internal or external visits and calls where needed.
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of child protection and child safeguarding at all times, including respect for confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the child.
- Comply with The organization policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Duty Station: Derek-Roj Camp
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.