JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2819)
Job Title: Protection Manager
Application deadline: 25.03.2020
- University degree in Social Sciences or another relevant domain.
- Proficiency in communicating and writing donor reports in English.
- Experience in conducting trainings on Child Protection and Protection Mainstreaming.
- Excellent interpersonal and nonviolent communication skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Commitment to Concern equal opportunity and gender practices.
- Flexibility under pressure and in response to changing needs.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Former NGO work experience is highly desired.
- In close liaison with the Protection Coordinator, provide technical and management oversight and supervision of assigned protection projects, ensuring they are in line with Concern Worldwide’s organizational strategy, government regulations, and donor requirements.
- With support from the Protection Coordinator, ensure that all programme targets are reached in accordance with agreed programme objectives, as per contracts with donors and in line with the overall programme approach.
- Work with the Protection team to develop detailed implementation work plans and provide the necessary guidance and support to the team to achieve timely and quality implementation of activities.
- With guidance from the Protection Coordinator, review incoming Cash for Protection (CFP) referrals and make case recommendations based on Concern’s Cash for Protection standard operating procedures.
- Support the MEAL team in the implementation of an appropriate M&E system to monitor progress and capture impact of projects and to make necessary adjustments to work plans if necessary.
- Lead in community consultations between IDP and host communities to ensure activities are implemented without unintended consequences and mitigating community tensions.
- Lead protection-mainstreaming efforts within other Concern programmes. This includes the development and delivery of a standardized Protection Mainstreaming and referral pathways training and acting as a focal point for technical protection-related questions from other programme staff.
- Carry out regular field visits to project locations and organize periodic project review sessions through participatory methodologies involving beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the areas of intervention, with the aim of ensuring programme quality and establishing and/or verifying emerging needs, gaps and priorities. Communicate these to the Programme team as part of a continuous programme review and improvement process.
- Prepare those sections of donor and internal reports assigned to you and based on agreed timelines with the Protection Coordinator. Ensure that program documentation is updated regularly and stored on share point.
Coordination and Leadership:
- Participate proactively and contribute in the protection technical working group.
- In consultation with the Protection Coordinator, strengthen links with protection departments in other NGOs working in Concern project areas through effective and on-going coordination, information-sharing and service mapping.
- Lead in required consultations with local authorities with the support of the Area Coordinator for Protection related activities.
- Lead and organize the monthly coordination meetings between Concern Protection Officers, Assistants and Area Coordinator. Ensuring the meetings have a structured agenda and accurate notes are recorded.
- Work with the team to ensure all activities are planned, prioritized, carried out and monitored in efficient and effective ways, with due consideration to gender and advocacy issues
- Manage assigned staff, agreeing Objectives and doing Performance Development Reviews (PDR’s). Ensuring that Protection Officers are trained in the PDR process and able to complete it with Protection Assistants.
- Coach all team members to ensure they fully understand outcomes which are expected of them, through Concern’s Performance Development Reviews system (PDRs).
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to staff as appropriate, in (for example, but not limited to) assessment, monitoring, evaluation, reporting (internal and donor reports), financial management, proposal development, technical design, interviews and relevant trainings.
- Ensure team members are aware of core Concern policies and procedures relevant to their work, and with the support of others, carry out regular briefings on these policies, including the Programme Participant Protection Policy, security management, accountability. Contribute to the implementation of these policies.
- Ensure Cash Flow Forecasts are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the Protection Coordinator to oversee Protection specific budgets and financial management by ensuring that all implementation teams have updated spending plans and track spending closely.
- Comply with all of Concern’s policies and procedures (Code of Conduct and associated policies, finance, logistics, HR, security management etc).
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the line manager.
Advertiser :Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Raqqa or Tabqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
To apply: CVs should be submitted to our email email@example.com
Please notice: any job application that does not include serial number CWW/SYR/TBQ/075 will not be accepted.
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.