JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2829)
Job Title: Finance/Administrative Officer
Application deadline: April 25th, 2020
Education / Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 year of Human Resource and Administrative or Finance work Preferably with minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an NGO
- Arabic, Bahdini and English required (spoken and written)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization’s code of conduct as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In-depth knowledge of financial systems, administrative tasks and routine Governmental work
- Experience working in excel
- Excellent Communication skill (Oral and Written) in English
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Must have analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent Communication skill (Oral and Written)
- Commitment to Excellence
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as, Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
The Finance/Admin Officer is responsible financial reporting, money tracking, and administrative duties for the The Organization officer in NES. S/He is responsible for processing financial reports, supporting documentation for record keeping, and tracking timesheets and employee records for all national staff in NES Office. S/He will be responsible for day-to-day financial management for the program. Tasks will include; analysis of reports; preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports; making complex and difficult accounting analyses and reports; and perform related duties as assigned. S/He will be responsible for issuing and keeping all incoming and outgoing official letters of the organization and will represent the organization to different local government official offices. Perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of The Organization with a generous and serving spirit.
- Assist field staff with financial documents such as cash disbursements and receipt filing.
- Record program cash & bank transactions
- Monitor cash advances and field expense reports
- Reconcile cash on hand at the end of every workday
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions for program operations
- Maintaining up-to-date personal records of all staff, developing a professional system for incoming and outgoing files
- Ensuring all staff are put into record or sign a contract as specified by their work and assist in processing contracts to new staff
- Maintain detailed records for the program’s financial transactions in an organized and professional manner.
- Track annual and sick leave for all staff in programs related to NES Base
- Making sure that employees are applying HR rules and filling out timesheets correctly and accurately on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the recruiting process of all new staff at the NES office in coordination with Program Managers and the Field Director. This includes: screening the application forms, working on shortlists, being present for interviews, calling references, and completing Watchdog clearances
- Assists HR to communicate Policies and procedures to staff as indicated in the HR Manual and make sure to give feedback on employee complaints and concerns
- Provide translation and interpretation services as needed
Duty Station: Al-Hasakah
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.