JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2883)
Job Title: MHPSS Team leader in Abo Qobaih,Raqqa
Application deadline: 18.04.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University Degree or Diploma University degree, preferably in psychology, sociology, social work, mental health or related field of study preferable
- 1 years related field with experience. NGO experience is a plus
- Experience working in the social service field preferable, management/supervision experience would be an asset.
- Experience working with MHPSS, protection or case management in a humanitarian setting, management/supervision experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge and previous experience on a supervisory role or humanitarian setting preferred but not essential
- Experience working with children and women.
- Experience in MHPSS Programming in emergency situations preferable.
- Must submit copies of highest educational qualifications received and present original upon interview
- Having excellent analytic and interpretation skill of data to track performance against program indicators
- Fluent English and Arabic writing and reading skills essential
- Clear understanding of mental disorders prevention and treatment.
- Field work understanding/experience
- Willingness to travel to the site locations
- Good documentation and reporting skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Openness to working with displaced communities
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish preferable including writing clear and concise reports
- Good communication skills and writing skills an added advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point.
- Experience working in the social service field, as a School Counsellor or with a Psychological background
- Ability to work independently and responsibly.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within MRFS and amongst beneficiaries served by MRFS.
Under the management of the MHPSS Technical Supervisor:
- Manage a team of Psychosocial Workers and Community Mobilizers
- Provide supervision, case consultation and advice to a team of Psychosocial Workers and Community Mobilizers
- Manage more complex MHPSS cases through the provision of psychosocial support and case management.
- Responsible for reporting on MHPSS activities, services, trainings.
- Ensuring that client logs, case files and activity/training reports are up to date.
- Ensuring client appointment, group work, community awareness activity and training schedules are up to date.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date clinical audit sheet for her/ his respective location and submitting this document on a weekly basis to the MHPSS Technical Supervisor.
- Hold team meetings in conjunction with the MHPSS Technical Supervisor.
- Briefing and interviewing new Psychosocial Workers who join the team in consultation with the MHPSS Technical Supervisor.
- Participate in assessments of new sites/ locations/ services, and programme planning alongside the MHPSS Programme Technical Supervisor.
- Ensure MHPSS team attendance at relevant Site Coordination meetings.
- Act as the focal point for communication and collaboration with other MRFS staff and external actors in the camp
- Develop care and safety plans that are individualized, mutually developed and jointly monitored with the client/ survivor;
- Monitor on-going care plan development with special attention to safety issues and stabilizing the family from the effects of domestic violence;
- Establish long and short-term goals in case planning which can include family stability and addressing issues of safety;
- Coordinates the provision of social services to client/ survivors, families, and significant others (includes referrals) to enable them to deal with the impact of mental illness on individual family functioning and to achieve maximum benefits from healthcare and support services;
- Serve as a client/ survivor advocate;
- Conducts review for appropriate utilization of services from admission through discharge/termination;
- Evaluate client/ survivor satisfaction and quality of care provided;
- Facilitate group support sessions
- Maintains current and comprehensive client files and clinical audit sheets to aid with documentation and reporting responsibilities.
- Provide regular updates and reports to senior management staff as required; contribute to donor reports and internal MRFS reports as required;
- Ensure proper reporting by all PSWs and CMs in catchment area.
- Report on all tasks and responsibilities including referrals using collection tools provided by MRFS.
- Reporting on evolving needs in the community, gaps in service access, and trends among targeted populations relevant to program implementation.
Duty Station: Abo Qobaih,Raqqa
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.