JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2892)
Job Title: GBV Team Leader (تل بيدر)
Application deadline: 18.04.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Diploma or any other relevant qualification in community development/social sciences
- experience in coordinating and facilitating program activities
- Professional experience in GBV prevention and response programs in emergency
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of people from different cultural backgroundsExperience in coordinating and facilitating program activities
- Excellent training experience and skills, including on the job and formal training
- Thorough understanding of best practices in GBV response and GBV primary prevention and risk reduction
- Clear understanding of gender, human rights, and issues surrounding violence against girls.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines,
- prioritize work under pressure
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish(written and spoken)Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Respect the code of conduct and policies of the MRFS and the standards of the GBV team
- Adhere and uphold the MRFS principle and policies (integrity, accountability and service) at the respective areas of work
- Consistently and proactively monitor the safety and security of the team, promptly reporting concerns or incidents to MRFS management
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop MRFS programs
- In collaboration with the GBV Officer, the teal leaders will be responsible for the following tasks, including the supervision of GBV social workers and Community mobilizers.
- To work closely with other team leaders (women center and outreach) to ensure both response and prevention activities are well coordinated.
- Assist in the development of weekly work plans, monitoring of activities and support GBV community workers/GBV psychosocial workers in the completion of planned activities.
- Supervise, monitor and conduct weekly exercises, discussions, coordinate group discussion sessions and role plays with community leaders, students and youth to educate and mobilize communities to appropriately prevent and respond to GBV incidences occurring in the community
- Assist in compiling statistics and weekly activity reports as per the program
- target objectives with guidance from GBV Officer
- Assist in supervising and provide training, leadership, mentorship, and other technical support to GBV community workers/GBV Psychosocial workers within MRFS GBV program to ensure all activities meet best practice standards.
- Assist in strengthening and maintain networks with community leaders and groups to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and encourage greater communication, and coordination with partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors).
- Participate in awareness-raising and/or sensitization campaigns on MRFS’s programming and other GBV services in collaboration with the GBV Officer
- Support GBV social workers in case management referrals and follow ups at the community level and in identifying and referring all individuals who report GBV related incidents to the GBV social workers
- Work constructively within a team
- Ensure timely submission of all program reports including weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim and yearly based on agreed deadlines and ensure proper filing.
- Ensure staff support and debriefing processes are in place, and that staff safety planning is conducted and regularly updated;
- Develop, implement and promote effective team communication techniques and systems, including regular senior staff meetings;
- develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Mobilize stakeholders to participate in GBV coordination meetings;
- Collaborate with other MRFS sectors and operations personnel to ensure that the program is properly supported and that all project-related operational activities are conducted according to MRFS HR, Logistics, Finance and other policies and procedures;
- represents MRFS in all meetings including protection working group, WASH and Nutrition, Education, GBV etc. to address issues of GBV and MRFS’s interventions in and out of camps
Duty Station: Tel Baider
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.