JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2922)
Job Title: Technical Advisor – Health Waste Expert
Application deadline: 25.04.2020
Working hours: Full time
NGO name: UPP (Un Ponte Per)
Location: North East Syria (Amuda / Kobane – travelling and overnight stays at project locations are required)
Experience: minimum 1-3 years
Language required: English (excellent), Kurdish, Arabic (ex
. Only CVs and letters in English will be considered;
– Only emails with subject “Technical Advisor -Health Waste Expert” will be considered;
– Kindly do not send multiple application for other UPP vacancies: UPP HR Officer will be responsible of redirect your CV under the proper position.
– Bachelor/Master Graduate degree in Civil engineering, Environmental or public health engineering;
– Previous experience in health waste and waste related projects;
– Previous experience and capacity in reviewing, designing, preparing technical documents, including BOQ, drawings, technical specifications for the quotation for the construction of health waste zones (zones for the disposal of hazardous health waste, including incinerators, ash/sharp/glass pits, glass crushers, etc.);
– Capacity to carry out environmental analysis (such as underground water, electricity cables, etc.) and to guide and supervise the daily construction works of the structures for health waste management (health waste zones) through field visits and by remote;
– Previous experience in conducting field visits for monitoring purposes to ensure correct and quality implementation of the project’s activities and provide accurate reports with the support of the Project Officer;
– Support project staff to supervise and monitor the construction works through regular communication with the company (or companies) engineers;
– Previous experience in organizing training sessions and capacity to train the staff in the supported health care facilities on health waste management (health waste segregation, handling, transportation and disposal);
– Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic;
– Proficiency in AutoCAD, GIS and MS Office, especially in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel.
– Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills.
– Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
– Strong communication skills and ability to adapt to the context.
– Previous experience in supervision of project’s or department staff;
– Knowledge of Human Rights standards, NGO code of conduct and structure (previous NGO experience is an advantage).
– Knowledge of the Kurdish Red Crescent system in North East Syria.
Duty Station: North East Syria (Amuda / Kobane – travelling and overnight stays at project locations are required)
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.