JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2937)
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control Officer )IPC Officer
Application deadline: 29.Apr.20
Providing technical supervision and expertise, support, training and guidance to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance, etc. and developing training plan and materials as required.
- In collaboration with health facilities focal points, PHC managers, ensuring and maintaining the implementation of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen.
- According to WHO/ the Organization protocols ensure the implementation of correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that the environmental standards in the facility are respected and together with the PHC managers, health officers and WASH monitor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures.
- In collaboration with PHC managers and pharmacist officers, prepare lists of the needed IPC supplies for COVID -19 in particular and Check the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE.
- Setting up regular monitoring mechanisms for IPC activities, analyzing the results, identifying priorities and proposing solutions when necessary.
- Establishing, maintaining and improving surveillance systems for health care associated infections in the facility.
- Setting up mechanisms for the implementation and monitoring of the adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated, adapting general guidelines to the health facility realities, putting isolation algorithms in place and ensuring adequate nosocomial outbreak detection and response
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents.
- Participate with the PHC managers, health officers and WASH monitors in developing and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Reporting any irregularities to the COVID-19 coordinator, and proposes immediate actions when necessary.
- Producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting. Follows up and consolidates data from different teams.
- Planning and supervising, with the support of HR department, the associated HR processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, motivation, development and internal communication) of the staff in the project under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills.
- Note: IPC standard precautions include Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), hand hygiene, prevention of accidental exposure to body fluids, barrier nursing, safe and appropriate treatment of re-usable medical devices, waste management, cleaning and disinfection of surface and environment, respiratory hygiene and individual hygiene for staff, caretakers and patients IPC essential requirements include water supply, solid waste and waste water treatment/disposal, latrines and shower facilities, dead bodies management, vector control and medical waste management.
o Nurse, midwife or pharmacist (or equivalent) diploma.
o Experience in IPC in health settings.
o IPC validated diploma.
o Relevant experience training on IPC.
o Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit.
o Previous working experience working with NGOs.
o Familiar with COVID-19 PPE and its use.
- Arabic (fluent) and English (fluent – desirable).
Advertiser :غير معلن
Duty Station: 1 Hasakah +1 Kasra + 1 Busiera
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
This Position is Under Budget approval هذا الشاغر يعتمد على موافقة التمويل
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.