JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2961)
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Application deadline: 16.05.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- University degree in Management, Community Development or equivalent qualification.
- 4 years minimum professional experience with preference for experience working with international NGOs;
- Strong sense of personal integrity and proven staff management and team building skills.
- Strong Supply Chain management skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office; Excel and Strong Computer skill.
- Excellent management and organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player with proven management and leadership skills.
- Ability to live and work under pressure in an unstable working environment while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Experience and reliability in carrying out safety and security protocols
- Strong negotiation skills essential with experience in conflict resolution desirable;
- Experience of working with local stakeholders, including NGO, UN, donors, and government actors.
- Fluency in English and Arabic required.
Field Office and Program Management
- Support the Program Technical Coordinators and Senior Managers with overseeing day-to-day implementation of all programs in the field site, providing constructive supervision to the program managers to implement, monitor, and evaluate work plans including monitoring & evaluation mechanisms as agreed with the Deputy Director Programs and in coordination with the sector Technical Coordinators.
- Expected to actively participate in the development of new proposals and initiatives for the field sites in accordance with the country program strategic plan and Organization`s Strategic Action Plan 2020 framework
- Support the program leads with relevant and appropriate context specific information in the development of budgets for program proposals in conjunction with the grants and finance departments
- Ensure timely and quality program implementation, reporting, and monitoring
- Contribute to assessments, program design, and budgeting.
- Ensure programs are in compliance with the organization, donor and national requirements
- Closely monitors events in current and potential operational areas (humanitarian situation, politics, and security, etc.) in order to identify additional possible programming areas
Finance and Operation support
- Oversee the financial management of field office operations including cash management, issuing and tracking advances, ensuring complete and correct use of all finance forms; timely notice to Derek of cash transfer needs
- In coordination with the finance team, ensure month end closings are properly emplaced and all financial data and all financial reports are timely submitted to the NES Finance Manager.
- Ensure the month end closing original documents are scanned and boxed by finance department and send to central office.
- In coordination with the Finance Manager, the FC will ensure compliance with procedures for undertaking expenditure commitments and reviews procurements and payments in line with the organization’s approved authorization matrix.
- Ensure proper financial management systems are in place and followed in coordination with the finance team
- Ensure proper financial, supply chain and ICT management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to in line with the organization`s global and in-country finance and supply chain policies.
- Oversee supply chain functions in the field offices, including procurement, stock management, asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance, and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
Human Resource and Staff Management
- Promote team spirit, cohesion, respect and the organization Way Standards for Professional Conduct among all field staff in close cooperation with HR department. Adhere to and act in accordance with the organization`s HR Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to and serve as a champion of the organization`s Way Standards for Professional Conduct and ensures awareness and adherence by all staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Approve and oversee management of time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage; ensures monthly, accurate timesheet submission and carries out reviews.
- Ensure appropriate support to field based staff via regular site visits, producing reports with action points to monitor.
- Support HR in tracking annual leave and follow up with respective Supervisors and Line Managers and ensure staff are utilizing their leaves and having a work life balance.
- Address interpersonal conflicts that may arise in the field offices and refer matter to immediate supervisor as appropriate.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions.
Humanitarian Access and Safety
- Ensure health, safety and security protocols are followed by field staff at all times and take corrective, timely actions as required in consultation with the Humanitarian Access and Safety Manager and Field Director.
- Working with Humanitarian Access and Safety Manager, ensure all field locations have up-to-date and appropriate security management plans in place and that staff are aware of them and have received training.
- Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand the organization`s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Monitor the field security situation, attend security meetings and inform the Security Manager, and SMT where appropriate, of developments through submission of accurate weekly and –where needed- ad-hoc security and incident reports.
Coordination and representation
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders in area of operation – including community and religious leaders, NGOs, local government authorities etc., to enhance cooperation and coordination between organizations.
- Attend on a regular basis interagency meetings organized in town and provide regular feedback to the Field Director.
- Other duties related to Operations Management which may be assigned by the FD to maximize program outcomes.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Direct Supervises: Safety and Security Officer, Finance Officer, HR Officer, Supply Chain Assistant/ Officer
Internal: Deputy Director of Programs, Technical Coordinators and Managers, Supply Chain and HR Director and Managers, Senior Safety and Security Coordinator/Manager, Finance Manager and Deputies, Grants Coordinator and Managers, M&E Coordinator and Manager
External: The organization`s Clients, INGOs, LNGOs, NES INGO Forum, local authorities, tribal and religious leaders and donors, as required.
Duty Station: Hasakeh with 25% physical time spent in Raqqa
How to Apply:
1) Go to the below link and fill out the spaces with needed information and then submit your application. Make sure you attach supported document (PDF-Word). CVs must be in English.
2) For quick access to the applicat
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.