JOB Vacancy Announcement #: (2984)
Job Title: Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer
Application deadline: 26.05.2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CVs should be in English Language and in Word or PDF format.
- Degree in social sciences, counselling psychology desired
- Experience in community health desired
- At least 2 years experience in counselling including trauma counselling
- Experience supporting a team in counselling support supervision
- Experience in training and capacity building of the team
- Experience working with INGO.
- Very good level in spoken and written English.
- Provide trainings and on the job training to Psychologist, Case Managers and Community Health Workers according to Organization protocols.
- Support in the mapping, the community mental health assessments and the facility assessments on behalf of Organization and LHA MHPSS team,
- Participate in the planning, coordinating and implementation of activities in close cooperation with MHPSS coordinator and MHPSS Supervisor.
- Provide trainings to MHPSS LHA Teams regarding Mental Health and Psychological support. Assist and train MHPSS Teams to enhance the scope of MHPSS activities.
- Provide supervision, on the job training to the MHPSS LHA staff.
- Assist MHPSS coordinator and MHPSS supervisor in planning, developing and design training materials.
- Support MHPSS coordinator and MHPSS supervisor to set up the materials linked to the MHPSS services.
- Participate in the regular update of mapping services of all MHPSS actors, Health actors and Protection actors.
Reports and monitoring data tools
- Ensure and update the statistical MHPSS tools and monitoring data about mental health activities collected by MHPSS LHA staff with the collaboration of Data officer.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly analysis of MHPSS data in regard to trainings and technical support.
- Inform the MHPSS supervisor and Coordinator about any issues or problems that may arise related to the service provided to the PHC’s regarding MHPSS.
- Participate in satisfactory surveys and other activities that may be requested by Organization MHPSS program coordinator.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports regarding the activities conducted.
- Update share point for the activities he/she provides.
Representation participation in meetings
- Participate to the Organization coordination meetings.
- Participate in MHPSS Program meetings
- Participation in meeting with other actors to represent MHPSS.
- Contributes to work in interdisciplinary team.
- Work with team spirit with all MHPSS Organization program’s and support staff.
- Is aware of security rules and situation in the field at all time.
Cooperation with other departments
- Fulfill HR obligations
- Cooperate with logistics department whenever required.
- Is aware of activities of other departments and respect specific rules and procedures.
- He or she is aware of social and political situation and keeps information up to date.
- Passes on all relevant information related to Organization scope of action and context.
- Advises on various topics (culture, economy, politics, etc.)
Duty Station: Kobane
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the following email/Link:
Please consider to mention the advert ID (Above) and the job title in the email subject.